Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Re: Boris to face Trial

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Theresa May ???
One thing, Corbyn wouldn't have the wit to dream it up even if he found time between sacking party members for standing by their principles and protecting those guilty of Anti-Semitism.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bang the barsteward up, and throw away the key !!!
Then you can lock up all politicians. Isn't there some of your politicians who promised ro reduce the number of prisoners? Locking up all politicians would be counterproductive to his policy.

I think politicians should be allowed to lie, the truth is often so dull and doesn't sell as a slogan. Who wants to hear something is bad for you?
And if in the process you are lied to, it's your own fault if you believed the lies. You should have known better.
But then, what can you do when a politician tells what you so much like to be true?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 08:03 AM

This establishes a very dodgy precedent for politicians. None of them would be safe - especially all the Remain MPs and public figures who have been promoting Project Fear with its claims of economic disaster as a result of the Leave vote. There were many more lies, exaggerations and half truths coming from the Remain side during the referendum campaign. In any case, it is all (to quote the Lib Dems) - Bollocks as I doubt that anyone was influenced at all by the campaigns on either side. Everyone I knew, whether sensible Leavers or sheeplike Remainers, had made up their minds long before the campaigns started.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 08:48 AM

This is yet another attempt by desperate remain supporters to prevent us from leaving the EU. Johnson has been singled out because he is leading the poll for a new PM and poses the largest threat to remainers getting their way .

If we want to choose examples of 'misconduct in public office after making the claim misleading claims during the 2016 EU referendum campaign' here are a couple...

George Osborne says he will have to slash public spending and increase taxes in an emergency Budget to tackle a £30bn "black hole" if the UK votes to leave the European Union.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi...endum-36534192

David Cameron..

“I think when people start arguing for a second referendum before you’ve even had the first one, I think that clearly demonstrates that you are losing the argument,” Cameron told an event hosted by the World Economic Forum.

“I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it’s a once in a generation, once in a lifetime opportunity and the result determines the outcome ... You can’t have neverendums, you have referendums.”https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN0Y81VK
And I have lost count of the number of times Mrs May said ''We will be leaving the EU on March 29th''

I won't even start on Labour's misleading claims I would be here all day.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Nigel Farage predicted almost exactly the vote %, in the Reuters article.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 12:14 PM

If he doesn't go to gaol he could end up as PM - That would nicely round off the triumph that is Brexit.

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
If he doesn't go to gaol he could end up as PM - That would nicely round off the triumph that is Brexit.

Have patience Brucy
Its not over yet
2 more years at least!

Regards Donkeyman!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Have patience Brucy
Its not over yet
2 more years at least!

Regards Donkeyman!
A replacement PM will be appointed before the next general election is due unless it is called early in which case there is a real possibility of a Lib/Lab coalition putting Corbyn in office.

It's more than a remote possibility it could happen at the next GE as is, unless Corbyn does the decent thing and snuffs it.

If he does it's a shame that suttee is out of fashion or we might see Diane Abbott become a sooty suttee!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by todger
, unless Corbyn does the decent thing and snuffs it.

If he does it's a shame that suttee is out of fashion or we might see Diane Abbott become a sooty suttee!
Gawd, that's really scraping the funny barrel!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Gawd, that's really scraping the funny barrel!
Having good taste is a thing that I have never claimed or aspired to.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top