Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Re: Beacham House

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Everything comes to they who wait!

In the meantime... enjoy the view!

Yes. Will do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
You're right, it is a bit slow, and it was slated for that a bit in the Radio Times. However, as far as I'm concerned, that means I can look at the scenery and the costumes more closely, without the drama being too frenetic.

It's good to keep us guessing for a bit, anyway!

It's so unusual, though, that I will forgive any directing shortcomings that there might be!

Talking about Indian dramas, does anyone remember The Far Pavilions, many years ago?
Starring Ben .Cross and a monumental cast..... (1984! Crumbs!)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086711/
I really enjoyed that at the time.

The other big one, of course, was The Jewel in the Crown.
I wish they would repeat that.
Pyxell I enjoyed 'The Jewel in the Crown' and the various film versions of E. M. Forster's 'A passage to India' .
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pyxell I enjoyed 'The Jewel in the Crown' and the various film versions of E. M. Forster's 'A passage to India' .
Oooh yes! I forgot about A Passage to India! That was good too!

They should repeat them all!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 06:24 PM

I loved Far Pavilions, Jewel in the Crown and Passage to India. Also enjoyed 'Staying on' the sequel to J in the C.

Not having a TV I have not seen Beecham House - will have to wait for the DVD - am sure there will be one!

Don't remember 'Taboo'.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I loved Far Pavilions, Jewel in the Crown and Passage to India. Also enjoyed 'Staying on' the sequel to J in the C.

Not having a TV I have not seen Beecham House - will have to wait for the DVD - am sure there will be one!

Don't remember 'Taboo'.
Taboo...... period drama starring TOM HARDY!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo_(2017_TV_series)

Edit......sorry the link to the wiki page doesn't seem to work, but don't know why....have tried copying the address three times.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2019, 08:30 AM

Beacham house must have cost a fortune to produce all those great costumes and the rest of the period scenario .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top