Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Re: Boris may cut stamp duty

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Numerous complaints on here about seeing a GP, cuts to Policing Etc.

I am a cautious Northerner.

You pay your debt first.

Yes, I agree with you about Foreign Aid, look after our own first.

I am in Total Agreement with you about expelling the Illegals.

Dream on, no Political Party is prepared to do this.

Corbyn even wants to bring back ISIS fighters.

Do not trust the Tories either.

Before they cam to power we found them and deported them.

May stopped this.
By cutting expenditure the debt doesn't increase with time. As for cutting taxes, if by so doing income can be increased more than the headline loss then that makes perfect sense.

However keep in mind that debt can be sold. There's times when the write off resulting from the sale of debt is worthwhile which is why banks usually sell mortgages as soon as it makes fiscal sense.

As for trusting the Conservative politicians, I'm (reluctantly) inclined to agree.

My reason is simply that I think most of them can't manage a ballance sheet. Not the basic stuff, the strategic management that - well I really don't know how to describe it, I just know how to do it (mostly!)

Sorta "when to lay 'em, when to play 'em" in a poker game.

And greed, nothing wrong with it per se, but know when it starts to take over.

There's a story about a kid working a lift in an office block. Every morning the owner came in and on the way up used to offer the kid a dollar and a dime, each morning the kid said thanks!

And took the dime.

Y'see he knew that while he took the dime it was a game. If he ever took the dollar it would no longer be a game and that would mean no more offers.

He managed his greed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 03:53 PM

Hi

There are only two times in my life when I have owed Money.

A Mortgage, but that is life.

Second Time, my son's huge Medical Bills after his injuries cost him his job and Medical Insurance.

I have no issue with that at all.

I have no Mortgage and paid off the Credit Card for his Medical Bills.

I am funding his ongoing Medical Bills out of Income.

These are between £1000 and £1600 a month, such is life, not the retirement I anticipated.

I can cope, just sodding annoyed with his Mother.

She spends her money on her man rather than her son.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In principle I agree but in practice reinvigorating a market sector can increase market activity that will see a gross increase in activity and a bigger return than the reduction in tax take.

It's like flogging smoked salmon!

What SHOULD be happening is reducing the outflow of money, what is called controllable expenses in the private sector.

Do this by reducing spending on Benefit payments, abolish foreign aid aka bunce to foreigners, cut back on "nice to haves" such as tax payer funded child care, and the like.

In short, get austerity measures under way again but this time like they're meant, purge out undocumented immigrants and their families, purge out bogus asylum seekers, and deport convicted criminals wherever and however it can be done.
Overseas aid is only 1% of public expenditure.

Quite a large chunk of social protection spend goes on pensions. An ageing population costs money. It is tunnel vision to focus on immigrants or asylum seekers. The headline grabbers are a drop in the ocean relative to the actual costs of normal life with longevity coupled with long term chronic health conditions. Those with cancer, disabilities, dementia, MS etc, even diabetes costs a heck of a lot. You have the healthcare costs and then you have the social care/welfare that goes with it.

How are you adding the figures for the asylum seekers etc. to anything that would make much difference without costing just as much to implement? We have no control over our borders because we don't even want to spend on that.

The most important factor for the economy to grow is stability (political and economic certainty). Currently the UK and the world is all over the place economically. Extreme right wing policies and social hardship won't solve anything.

It's basically an extremely complex situation we are in just now. I think the world is finding that the capitalist pyramid scheme is soon to implode. There's a massive financial hole in the middle that everyone has been ignoring.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 04:12 AM

Quite a large chunk of social protection spend goes on pensions. An ageing population costs money. It is tunnel vision to focus on immigrants or asylum seekers.

Don't immigrants and asylum seekers get old then Annie ?
Do they stay eternally young ?
They don't become pernsioners like anyone else ?
Don't have children don't use schools and hospitals ?

So easy to blame pensioners for everything .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Overseas aid is only 1% of public expenditure.

Quite a large chunk of social protection spend goes on pensions. An ageing population costs money. It is tunnel vision to focus on immigrants or asylum seekers. The headline grabbers are a drop in the ocean relative to the actual costs of normal life with longevity coupled with long term chronic health conditions. Those with cancer, disabilities, dementia, MS etc, even diabetes costs a heck of a lot. You have the healthcare costs and then you have the social care/welfare that goes with it.

How are you adding the figures for the asylum seekers etc. to anything that would make much difference without costing just as much to implement? We have no control over our borders because we don't even want to spend on that.

The most important factor for the economy to grow is stability (political and economic certainty). Currently the UK and the world is all over the place economically. Extreme right wing policies and social hardship won't solve anything.

It's basically an extremely complex situation we are in just now. I think the world is finding that the capitalist pyramid scheme is soon to implode. There's a massive financial hole in the middle that everyone has been ignoring.
The state age related benefit is a benefit, not a pension. As such it should be means tested. Because it is called a pension does no mean it is.

Every unnecessary expenditure must be curtailed. When it comes to so called asylum seekers most are bogus or failed terrorists. Moreover under the Dublin convention anyone seeking asylum from MUST apply in the first safe country that they enter and not schlep across a number of safe countries to reach the one with the best handouts, in other words the UK.

Then there's the shameful redistribution of earnings in the form of the bloated Benefits system. That REALLY needs cutting down.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 06:53 AM

Can't see this having much effect, not many people buy stamps nowadays.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-06-2019, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can't see this having much effect, not many people buy stamps nowadays.
Explain?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:07 AM

Hi

I have no problem at all with us taking in 20,00 genuine Refugees a year from the Camps.

They are vetted , no problem and a great help when they arrive here in identifying the bad ones.

They are an asset to us.

The illegals, no way, they should not be here at all.

They are not Refuges, they are Economic Migrants who can afford to pay vast amounts of money to get here.

There is a huge difference.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-06-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no problem at all with us taking in 20,00 genuine Refugees a year from the Camps.

They are vetted , no problem and a great help when they arrive here in identifying the bad ones.

They are an asset to us.

The illegals, no way, they should not be here at all.

They are not Refuges, they are Economic Migrants who can afford to pay vast amounts of money to get here.

There is a huge difference.
I have a HUGE objection to taking a single refugee from these camps.

For one thing we're over full, for another if they weren't failed terrorists they could and should return home, for a third we can't afford to, and for a fourth how on earth are they an asset?

Every single person entering OUR country adds to our cost of imports, very few if any add to our exports and right now we're running an ever increasing "tab" to pay for imports.

Put simply, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE ANY MORE.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I have a HUGE objection to taking a single refugee from these camps.
Then I am sure you'd agree that western countries should stop meddling in the regions where wars subsequently break out and people end up displaced as a result. Much of it is down to external meddling.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top