Join for free
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Re: Are Forums Dead in The Water

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have noticed a few more are joining each day.
Why, when the going gets tough, do some members run away? I feel they should stay and support the forum they belong to. It's like cutting off their nose to spite their face!
I agree that's why I'm still here after all the rubbish I've received I don't see why others should dictate where of what I post.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 03:59 PM

I suppose we could send Donald Trump a message and he could announce the name of this site to America, during his next public spat with Mrs Clinton?!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:01 PM

I think the forums that die the quickest are usually the 'invitation only' ones where only 'the chosen' are allowed to join. You visit them and you'd think you're in a ghost town!
I think the forums that are the most successful are, the ones that are welcoming, friendly and have a good bubbly atmosphere.
I like the forums that are not overly policed by jobsworth moderators.
Heavy handed, beggars on horseback type moderators are usually the 'kiss of death' to a forum!

This forum is great!

With Art.
Well said.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree that's why I'm still here after all the rubbish I've received I don't see why others should dictate where of what I post.
Julie, That's the best attitude! I mean the members aren't all bad, look how many posted their concern and sympathy lately when you were mugged. You always get a lot of support here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:05 PM

Julie, That's the best attitude! I mean the members aren't all bad, look how many posted their concern and sympathy lately when you were mugged. You always get a lot of support here.
Oh I agree, when chips are down its a great source of help, just sad that we've lost so many original members due to the combatant style others use.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->

With Art.
Well said.

Boozey, l love your new sign! Is it one, you use for your wife?!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:43 PM

Its often puzzled me why those from America do join, post for a while then disappear , perhaps its the humour, and irony that throws them.

We do have a few Canadian posters who seem to stay, of course the time difference may make a difference.

I have searched in vain to find similar over fifty forums in the USA and Australia, but plenty of hobby sites exist.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:45 PM

I think most forums have their day, and eventually this one will too, imo.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:51 PM

Oh I agree, when chips are down its a great source of help, just sad that we've lost so many original members due to the combatant style others use.
But this sounds like you want others to change their ways, theirs is wrong, yours is right?

Surely you wouldn't want a forum full of Julies as I wouldn't want a forum full of tpins.(invite for snide comments)
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 04:56 PM

I cut my teeth in the forum world on a diy site,not for the faint hearted it must be said,but it never got out of hand,it used to go at a cracking pace with humour and serious in its GD chat,general chat sites such as this as its place and will remain as long as people wish to converse.

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top