Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Re: Are Battle-Axes Still Alive And Kicking?

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I took my mother-in-law to Madame Tussard’s Chamber of Horrors, and one of the attendants said, ‘Keep her moving sir, we’re stock-taking’.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 07:59 PM

This is the definition of battle-axe. Surely, no woman can be like this..... Can they?
ˈ

a formidably aggressive older woman.
"a battleaxe with inflexible house rules"
synonyms: harridan, dragon, crone, witch, hag, gorgon, ogress, hellcat, harpy, tartar, martinet, termagant, virago, fury; shrew, nag; informalold bat, old bag, bitch; informaltarge; archaicscold; rareXanthippe
"his mother was a right old battle-axe
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 10:17 AM

I just enjoyed a good giggle reading all these posts. I should be in my place in the kitchen peeling veg and making Yorkshire puddings.
No not really my m-in-law was lovely. One in a million.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
I just enjoyed a good giggle reading all these posts. I should be in my place in the kitchen peeling veg and making Yorkshire puddings.
No not really my m-in-law was lovely. One in a million.

Just as well you didn't meet my mother, she really was a Dragon, apart from some of her other accomplishments, she was also a local Magistrate!!!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top