Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 09:51 PM

Arachnophobia

I've not long got out of the bath and I saw a gigantic spider scurrying across my bathroom floor. I'm serious, it's legs were so long I was horrified.

I don't and won't ever kill spiders but I really don't like them, probably because they are so wick in their movements.

I screamed for my husband to come to the rescue but he's scared of spiders LOL. Anyway, my husband is my hero, he caught the spider in a big glass and between us we got the monster outside, I opened the upstairs window and he threw it out.

Some people would have killed it, I feel so happy the spider lived to see another day. Soft aren't I.

My husband seems quite pleased with himself that he didn't kill it, probably because he knows had I not been around he would have been a murderer

Do you have any spider stories to tell and are you afraid of them or not.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 09:57 PM

Re: Arachnophobia

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've not long got out of the bath and I saw a gigantic spider scurrying across my bathroom floor. I'm serious, it's legs were so long I was horrified.

I don't and won't ever kill spiders but I really don't like them, probably because they are so wick in their movements.

I screamed for my husband to come to the rescue but he's scared of spiders LOL. Anyway, my husband is my hero, he caught the spider in a big glass and between us we got the monster outside, I opened the upstairs window and he threw it out.

Some people would have killed it, I feel so happy the spider lived to see another day. Soft aren't I.

My husband seems quite pleased with himself that he didn't kill it, probably because he knows had I not been around he would have been a murderer

I don't mind them. My wife fears them. Bordering on phobia. So I do the rescue thing.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't mind them. My wife fears them. Bordering on phobia. So I do the rescue thing.
ahhhh, another hero, good lad
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:04 PM

I have 2 spider catchers and 2 long feather dusters. All are on my landing . My friend sue was staying over and saw a big one in the hall , together we fought this spider with 3ft spider catchers screaming as we tried to catch it . Sadly it died . I will try to catch them and put them out the window slamming it shut so it cant run back in . I wont open windows at night now .

Oh I so hate them . Sone are so big you could ride em . I wont tolerate even a baby as it has potential to become a monster

The feather dusters are good because if you slap the blighters with it they curl into a ball and you can chuck em out the window
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Throwing it out of the window would have killed it anyway.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:18 PM

I don't mind smaller spiders but I hate the big ones with hairy legs. I always shout for Mr Mags to come and get rid of it but I feel ashamed to say he always kills them I tell him not to but he still does it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:31 PM

AS you might imagine I have many spider stories. The last one is when I discovered a funnel web behind a bucket in the laundry a year or so ago. He (the male is smaller than the female and the most venomous) reared up ready to strike so I backed off. The Sydney Funnel Web is shiny black and aggressive and they remind me of bikies. Australia's most toxic spider. They like water and dark places.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:47 PM

They seem to be coming in a bit earlier than usual this year.
I have had a few unwelcome 'visitors' already.

Like Susan, I too, have Spider catchers. I got mine - 2 in fact - from Lakelands. Brilliant bits of kit.
I use mine for wasps, spiders, bees and even flies. Doesn't hurt them and I then just release the critters into the garden.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/20455/Spi...Insect-Catcher

The worst time I remember is one night as I was getting into bed, I picked my pillow up to move it, and there was a huge black spider sitting under my pillow. I nearly wee'd meself!

Imagine laying down and that thing had crawled over my face!!

I have checked under my pillow every night ever since.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:49 PM

For those south of Yorkshire and those not familiar with the term - that means they move pretty quickly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
For those south of Yorkshire and those not familiar with the term - that means they move pretty quickly.
I did wonder if it was a misspelling, Judd.

I've never heard that expression before.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top