Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:57 PM

driveway cleaned

Just spent last five and a half hours pressure washing the front drive. Getting the moss out of the joints took the time and still got a couple of dark areas

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Re: driveway cleaned

Bazza now you can come and do mine please
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:05 PM

I don't come cheap Meg so you will have to open up that velum purse at last very very wide and let the Egyptian moths out first. I still have to do the sanding but have to wait until the bricks dry out.
This kind of work is for a younger person really, I have not ached so much for years
What also takes the time is getting rid of that white fungus spots on the bricks as well as cleaning out the joints.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't come cheap Meg so you will have to open up that velum purse at last very very wide and let the Egyptian moths out first. I still have to do the sanding but have to wait until the bricks dry out.
This kind of work is for a younger person really, I have not ached so much for years
Well it looks very nice....
... until the air born weeds get going in the spring
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

04-01-2015, 04:09 PM

Oh don;t Meg got too much to do sorting out the garden for the first time.

Sue says what stays and what comes out and I do the digging and heaving.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:09 PM

That looks great RS! Well done!

I had a driveway like that at my house before. Wish I'd knew you then
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

04-01-2015, 04:11 PM

TY Alice

will look even better with new sand in the joints. You could have grabbed me over 43 years ago when I was just still single.
But you would have only been about 14 then still at school, bit too young really
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
TY Alice

will look even better with new sand in the joints. You could have grabbed me over 43 years ago when I was just still single.
But you would have only been about 14 then still at school, bit too young really
lol. Yes, too young to even think about driveways
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:03 PM

Patio Magic used once a year does the trick. It does nothing when first applied but over the weeks months ahead, the driveway and paths clean up and stay that way. Haven't needed to pressure wash since using this.

It doesn't do anything to prevent the build-up of moss in the cracks between the bricks but the brick faces certainly stay clean. Works well on concrete paths too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 11:20 PM

Looks good - but such hard work.
I was wondering if you could seal them with something to stop the dirt penetrating in future?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top