Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:06 PM

house price increase

Just done a check on house prices around here and already it seems ours has gone up by £13,000+ since July when we moved in. No wonder it is hard to get on the housing ladder. So working on that basis who on earth can afford to buy a house that increases in price by £26,000 per annum?

Even we could not afford to buy it now if we had not at the time.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:29 PM

Re: house price increase

Funny you should done a a price check,a Bungalow on the next road to me went for 20.000 more than mine was on the market for last year .
I shall have mine valued in Summer . Im sure hows could beat their price ,after we had all new fittings and fixtures
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Unfortunately a property is only worth what a prospective buyer is prepared to pay for it
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Unfortunately a property is only worth what a prospective buyer is prepared to pay for it
So true!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

Very true, could not agree more.

Yet there is, at least were I live, still a big demand for houses. What is pushing the price up is the government 5%deposit schemes at the lower end of the market. This creates a chain reaction to higher priced properties damands. Hence the house prices increase.

Yet another example of half thought out ideas by government without the knock-on effect
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 09:04 PM

I still like to keep a wee eye on the house prices, being that I lost £30,000 on mines. I have to say,in this area, the house prices have gone up markedly. How refreshing for sellers. It would have been nice to have had that experience
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 11:37 PM

Bricks are the new Gold (for a while).
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2015, 06:25 PM

We've been more attentive of asking prices lately because we want to downsize.

Around here it's hopeless because what most older people want is to downsize, meaning they want to move into smaller properties to release 3-bed + properties for families.

The problem is that 1 and 2-bed properties are just not being built as the developers want to maximise profits by building "luxury properties" that will attract the higher prices that their shareholders demand.

This is completely at odds with what is actually required yet our Conservative-dominated Government has virtually sold-out to developers by granting them permission to undercut the directives that demand more social and affordable properties.

What kind of policy this is tells you a great deal about what kind of government we have and what we can expect if we support this party in May.

What we now have is a party that's set on undermining or destroying any dissent in their policies regarding employment, welfare or social care for the hoi polloi in favour of policies that supports the elite and, of course supports the Conservative Party. stevmk2
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 01:20 PM

Nothing“s changed - in the early sixties when we bought our first house, it was almost impossible for the average earner to save at the rate of property inflation. We started in a “cheap“ Victorian terrace, and then gradually moved up the ladder, something the modern young buyer doesn“t seem prepared to do. Plenty of affordable old properties around here that the buy-to-let merchants don“t want.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 02:44 PM

What totally disgusts me is that the planning authorities in the UK allow 'rabbit hutch' houses to be built. The UK has the smallest average new house size in Europe - smaller than Ireland, Netherlands, Germany etc.. and a little over half the size of the average Danish house.

Of course, this ' build them small, build them cheap, cram them in' approach maximises the profit for the builders. If I was cynical, I'd ask what the planners who allowed this are getting out of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top