Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 05:05 PM

Re: Please help get me organised! :)

You have to grown up messy sons, tell them "If you want to live at home you pay for a cleaning lady"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
You have to grown up messy sons, tell them "If you want to live at home you pay for a cleaning lady"
That's a good tip
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 05:45 PM

Yes, Kitty, the housework does seem overwhelming at times. Some times there doesn't seem enough hours in the day. I'd do as suggested. Allocate a certain day to vacuum, a deeper clean, etc. Then every other day just give it a wee tidy up. If you do this then it won't seem so daunting. I'm off on a Friday, so Friday morning is my deep clean day
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
.......... or do the hoovering for you!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bird ->
.......... or do the hoovering for you!!
Another good un
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 07:08 PM

Well Kitty, if you lived near me, I would do your housework for £10 ph as I am a Cleaner.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 09:01 PM

Just live in one room .

Another good tip is make sure you have regular visitors. It spurs you into action .

Hoover, light dusting once a week.

Windows - once in the summer.

Dishes - do em while waiting for the kettle to boil - or when waiting for whatever so you don't waste time.
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 09:26 PM

Thanks for all these great suggestions. I know I should make the boyz do more, but they both work full time on more or less minimum wage and I only do two afternoons. I do make them empty the hoovers as that sets me wheezing - but sometimes they forget.

I think little and often is the key - and I like the look of those rechargeable hoovers too.

Can you use a Karcher indoors (for windows)? I hadn't realised that.

Any more please?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 09:31 PM

OH, wait I have another good tip ... keep the rooms fairly dark as that will hide a lot of the dirt.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
OH, wait I have another good tip ... keep the rooms fairly dark as that will hide a lot of the dirt.
Good one! I remember Quentin Crisp (the famous artists' model) saying he noticed that dust didn't get thicker after seven years!

My Yorkshire mother always drummed into me: clean it before it gets dirty, that way it won't build into a big job you can't tackle - and I think there's truth in that.

Sometimes ticking off lists help. Make a weekly chart with the main job for each day and tick them off as you do them. It gives a good feeling of achievement. And, yes, buy a lightweight hoover. i've got the small model Dyson which was expensive but it's so much easier than the old heavy one I had. And a hand held one for instant small clean-ups is useful.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top