Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Re: Please help get me organised! :)

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Just live in one room .

Another good tip is make sure you have regular visitors. It spurs you into action .

Hoover, light dusting once a week.

Windows - once in the summer.

Dishes - do em while waiting for the kettle to boil - or when waiting for whatever so you don't waste time.
I'm impressed mkj. You're a right wee domestic goddess
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:10 AM

Mondays are my designated 'housework' days and I have a six week rotation plan.

For example:
Week one - Sitting Room completely 'bottomed', curtains washed, windows cleaned, all furniture polished etc., - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

Week two - Kitchen - windows cleaned, cupboards/shelves emptied and
washed, washing machine/fridge/cooker pulled out and cleaned behind - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

and so on. It means everywhere has a thorough clean every six weeks without it becoming a major task.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:29 AM

I have my backup plan and it involves my sister. She is damn good at housework. I try to strike a deal with her such as I will fix her computer or whatever in exchange for a good house clean.

See - Barter WIKI ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barter
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->

Sometimes ticking off lists help. Make a weekly chart with the main job for each day and tick them off as you do them. It gives a good feeling of achievement.
One refinement allocate the jobs between yourself and your sons. Spread that good feeling of achievement round.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 10:29 AM

Overwhelmed by housework? - I find making a list helps.. give your sons some of the jobs to do - I'm sure they could clean an oven or wash the windows.

Somehow it seems more manageable when it's down on paper.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kittylion ->
Thanks for all these great suggestions. I know I should make the boyz do more, but they both work full time on more or less minimum wage and I only do two afternoons. I do make them empty the hoovers as that sets me wheezing - but sometimes they forget.

I think little and often is the key - and I like the look of those rechargeable hoovers too.

Can you use a Karcher indoors (for windows)? I hadn't realised that.

Any more please?
The rechargeable vacs are very light and easy to use but really don't have the power for a good clean so it depends what sort of dirty your carpets are, the lady down stairs has one and thinks it's great but she is alone and never eats anywhere but the kitchen and always walks bare foot - takes shoes off outside her door. So her dirt is minimal. I borrowed it when mine died, and 3 adults, child and two dogs it really didn't cope well at all.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 01:49 PM

Housework?? Folks must take me as they find me-but always keep the loo clean.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:12 PM

Get the grown-up sons to help you, it is only fair really.They make some of the mess after all, you can"t keep running round after them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:17 PM

Get a bloke in we are cheap to run and can multitask, smoking a tab, slurping a beer, and watching sport all at the same time. BTW whats Housework ?
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:25 PM

I find that watching an episode of a programme like 'hoarders' or similar gives me such an incentive to clean.
Seriously though like many have said little and often, do the bathroom, sink, toilet, shower every day and it never gets too bad and is much easier to clean, plus you don't get a build up of limescale.
I tend to do a bit of hoovering every day also as I hate 'bits' on the floor and I keep the top of the cooker clean, wiping up any spills straight away which again saves a 'big' clean.
The Karcher is good for windows.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top