Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:29 PM

Re: Please help get me organised! :)

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Mondays are my designated 'housework' days and I have a six week rotation plan.

For example:
Week one - Sitting Room completely 'bottomed', curtains washed, windows cleaned, all furniture polished etc., - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

Week two - Kitchen - windows cleaned, cupboards/shelves emptied and
washed, washing machine/fridge/cooker pulled out and cleaned behind - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

and so on. It means everywhere has a thorough clean every six weeks without it becoming a major task.
Gosh I tip my hat to you Tabby, you are a domestic Goddess. Aggie & her mate would be proud of you.,
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Mondays are my designated 'housework' days and I have a six week rotation plan.

For example:
Week one - Sitting Room completely 'bottomed', curtains washed, windows cleaned, all furniture polished etc., - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

Week two - Kitchen - windows cleaned, cupboards/shelves emptied and
washed, washing machine/fridge/cooker pulled out and cleaned behind - everywhere else has a general tidy up.

and so on. It means everywhere has a thorough clean every six weeks without it becoming a major task.
it wouldn't work for me, I never know what day it is!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Hi KL maybe try the 'effort and reward' approach.
Set yourself a task like cleaning a room with the promise of a reward when it is done.
The reward can be anything from reading a couple of pages in a book/ a cup of coffee or your lunch/ anything you enjoy really.
This should give you the incentive to get on with things . Just remember no reward until the job is done.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 06:39 PM

You could always use my method........sweep the rooms with a glance and flick the dust to some other piece of furniture.
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys for all these great ideas!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top