Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Burns Night

Anyone else (apart from me) celebrating 'Burns Night' on Wednesday??? - I have my Haggis, have 'neeps & Tatties' and a 'wee dram' (in my case Brandy) to wash it all down with.

I have discovered that I can make a very tasty mash of sweet potato, parsnip, celeriac and swede cooked in my steamer and mashed with a large knob of butter.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Re: Burns Night

Probably not UJ as I'm at work and it has to be quick ready meals for me when I get home but I do love haggis as well. Not everyone's favourite but my ex was half scottish and introduced me to it.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 02:45 PM

My Daughter in law is Scottish and they will be having it on Weds as well, but not me thankyou.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
My Daughter in law is Scottish and they will be having it on Weds as well, but not me thankyou.
Fabulous food!!! - "the queen of all puddings" as Robbie Burns himself said.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 06:22 PM

My father in law lives in Peter Culter in Aberdeen. I love him to bits even though I can't understand a word he says on the phone. He was telling me he'll be celebrating Burns night on Wednesday. If it wasn't for him I'd still be wondering what neeps were!
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Yes, We have a good old getogether down our local pub, the Landlords Wife makes a great Burns Supper, and some of the Men are brilliant at Addressing the Haggis. I love Burns Night.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Anyone else (apart from me) celebrating 'Burns Night' on Wednesday??? - I have my Haggis, have 'neeps & Tatties' and a 'wee dram' (in my case Brandy) to wash it all down with.

I have discovered that I can make a very tasty mash of sweet potato, parsnip, celeriac and swede cooked in my steamer and mashed with a large knob of butter.

not me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:36 PM

We don't celebrate 'Burns Night" either ....... I hope all that do, enjoy it!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 11:39 PM

no me neither and the thought of Haggis YUK

Tried it once and it made me ill
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

I don't celebrate na as does anybody celebrate Bon's Night
Love Haggis but did you know that the first known written recipe for a dish of the name (as 'hagese'), made with offal and herbs, is in the verse cookbook Liber Cure Cocorum dating from around 1430 in Lancashire, North West England...so you see we had it first

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top