Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Re: Just Imagine

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I ask the question, Why aren’t they out earning the money instead of scrounging off you?

When my children started asking for designer labelled clothes. I told them to get an after school, weekend or school holiday job.
They did and most of them got part time jobs from the age of 13 or as soon as they got a National insurance number.

Sorry, they can smile all they like at me but they have to learn to earn to pay for what they want.

Luckily, they all now have well paid jobs and don’t need to come to parents for money.

Tough Love is what’s needed!!
Here endeth the lesson
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:52 PM

I ask the question, Why aren’t they out earning the money instead of scrounging off you?

When my children started asking for designer labelled clothes. I told them to get an after school, weekend or school holiday job.
They did and most of them got part time jobs from the age of 13 or as soon as they got a National insurance number.

Sorry, they can smile all they like at me but they have to learn to earn to pay for what they want.

Luckily, they all now have well paid jobs and don’t need to come to parents for money.

Tough Love is what’s needed!!
I'm known as the "No Lady" in our house. Even the dog doesn't ask me for treats! They bypass me and go straight to their father, and I find out about it later on in time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm known as the "No Lady" in our house. Even the dog doesn't ask me for treats! They bypass me and go straight to their father, and I find out about it later on in time.
Not sure you're interpreting the phrase "She ain't no lady" in quite the right way that it was intended
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Here endeth the lesson
You do them no favours always doling out cash to them!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-07-2021, 01:04 PM

I view it as an investment.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 01:14 PM

I'm sick of telling him, but y'know...if they are stuck and we are not compromising ourselves as a result of it, I would rather help them out. Its mostly our daughter at the moment as she is studying.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

03-07-2021, 01:40 PM

Dead right, Artangel. We had to earn our pocket money under one of the strictest fascist regimes in history.

Example:

MUM: "David. If you go down the shop for me, I'll give you sixpence."

ME: "Er, sorry, Mum - don't need the work right now. Thanks anyway! "

MUM: "David. I take it you don't need your skull busting wide open either, eh?"

ME: "Can you make it a bob then?"

SILENCE

ME: "Allright, allright - give me the damned sixpence then."

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Just imagine that one of your kids comes round and starts to go on about how wonderful you are. Imagine how uncomfortable you would become, having to just sit and listen to them telling you what a wise and reliable parent you have always been to them. Telling you that you are, and always will be, the most important person in their life. Telling you that their admiration and devotion are boundless.

But you have two kids, and they both call round at the same time, and they are both saying all this stuff to you at once. And that’s not an end to it. They come every week to say it all to you again and again.

If you can imagine that, then just think: That’s what it must be like for God, only a billion times worse.
But can God knock up a ham sandwich and Danish pastry out of nowhere? I think not.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

03-07-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
But can God knock up a ham sandwich and Danish pastry out of nowhere? I think not.
No, and I doubt he would consider ordering a pizza for you either
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Just imagine that one of your kids comes round and starts to go on about how wonderful you are. Imagine how uncomfortable you would become, having to just sit and listen to them telling you what a wise and reliable parent you have always been to them. Telling you that you are, and always will be, the most important person in their life. Telling you that their admiration and devotion are boundless.

But you have two kids, and they both call round at the same time, and they are both saying all this stuff to you at once. And that’s not an end to it. They come every week to say it all to you again and again.

If you can imagine that, then just think: That’s what it must be like for God, only a billion times worse.
Which god? There are so many…and they all NEED worshipping which is a sign of insecurity .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top