Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:05 PM

Re: Shredded Knees :)

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->

I have a corrugated earlug
Love this!
What an eloquent turn of phrase you have Fruity
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:07 PM

What a charming photo of all of you, Rhian. You are such a cutie with proof positive that you were living your childhood right!

I think my knees were likewise scabbed up and hands often, too. Do you remember that feeling of running and then falling, only to slide along scraping palms as you wiped out? Ah those were the days!

We had to wear dresses to school and I remember wearing shorts underneath because we were ever hanging upside-down on monkey bars, trees, and pull-up bars. Such fun!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Love this!
What an eloquent turn of phrase you have Fruity
One does one's best to keep up one's standards, don't you know.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:14 PM

Having 5 brothers I tried to keep up with the boys but I was a skinny little runt but i climbed trees and often got into fistie cuffs with them and I would try to jump as high as them and run faster , one day we were out and they were jumping over high barbed wire fencing and I got caught and the barb of the fencing went deep into my thumb ( I still see the scar) they ran off to get dad who told me off and without care for my pain pulled my thumb out of the barbed wire , I remember trying not to cry as my nick name was boo boo , I gave up running with the brothers when I was about 11 and they would push me away home .
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What a charming photo of all of you, Rhian. You are such a cutie with proof positive that you were living your childhood right!

I think my knees were likewise scabbed up and hands often, too. Do you remember that feeling of running and then falling, only to slide along scraping palms as you wiped out? Ah those were the days!

We had to wear dresses to school and I remember wearing shorts underneath because we were ever hanging upside-down on monkey bars, trees, and pull-up bars. Such fun!
Thank you Surfermom
Yes I remember doing the "Twizzies" over poles and branches too
And boy do I remember the sliding palms feeling! I used to pick out bit of stones and chippings from them for days afterwards!!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

22-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Having 5 brothers I tried to keep up with the boys but I was a skinny little runt but i climbed trees and often got into fistie cuffs with them and I would try to jump as high as them and run faster , one day we were out and they were jumping over high barbed wire fencing and I got caught and the barb of the fencing went deep into my thumb ( I still see the scar) they ran off to get dad who told me off and without care for my pain pulled my thumb out of the barbed wire , I remember trying not to cry as my nick name was boo boo , I gave up running with the brothers when I was about 11 and they would push me away home .
Ouch Susan!
I remember the strange right angle tear that barbed wire used to make in my clothes. Is that the shape of your scar on your thumb?!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:27 PM

It's just a white shape now Rhian but the memory is clear 🙂
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 02:35 PM

We were all ragamuffins on our street, girls and boys, so our knees all looked like that for most of the time. Happy days though...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:25 PM

I've got a patch of hair missing (about an inch round) where I fell over and the back of my head went through a pane of glass in the French Door. I'd have been about 4 years old. I always said it would blend in when I went bald but I've kept my hair ...albeit a bit thinner.

Grazes on the knees were a regular part of early life.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've got a patch of hair missing (about an inch round) where I fell over and the back of my head went through a pane of glass in the French Door. I'd have been about 4 years old. I always said it would blend in when I went bald but I've kept my hair ...albeit a bit thinner.

Grazes on the knees were a regular part of early life.
Exactly, and we're still here to tell the tales behind each and every one of them. What "war wounds" stories will today's molly coddled kids have to tell their grandchildren?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top