Join for free
Page 368 of 370 « First < 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:54 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am about to lose my marbles. We have had three nonstop days of rain and despite being about to flood away, I have GOT to run. Giving until this afternoon for the weather to settle down, but if not, I am going anyway.

Alert the Coast Guard just in case .
Welcome to my world Surfermom.....
At least it will be warm.... Won't it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:22 AM

Just back from a 1 mile walk to see how the leg and knee joint hold up. Sometimes like today ok other times well. First time going out for this walk without a jacket on, surprising how warm it is
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just back from a 1 mile walk to see how the leg and knee joint hold up. Sometimes like today ok other times well. First time going out for this walk without a jacket on, surprising how warm it is
Hey, that's great! Good news about the knee. I hope those good ones are more frequent.

It's chilly here with a stiff North wind, but with a few hours of sun, I might no have to bundle up like I am Arctic bound.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I enjoy leaving my jacket at home, RS....it makes me feel quite liberated, as well as it being a sign of warmer weather! Glad you enjoyed your walk.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:28 PM

I’m lazy so I’ve taken the easy way to fitness swimming & dog walking
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:39 PM

Hi

My regime is very variable.

Today was not good, had great difficulty in walking 40 steps.

Loads of GTN Spray, but will not give in.

I have much better days, which I focus on, not the bad ones.

Onwards and upwards, even with baby steps.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:01 PM

A couple of Sunday's ago I walked North'ish along an 8 mile section of the New Junction canal from Braithwaite almost to Southfield Reservoir. Today I started from the village where I live and walked to Braithwaite, and today went South along the New Junction Canal. I passed the aqueduct where the canal goes over the River Don, it's quite spectacular, as the aqueduct also serves as a level for the canal, with excess water pouring over the side into the river. Sometimes when the river is in flood, it can reverse the action and flow back into the canal. Hence the large metal gates at each end that seal off the canal to prevent flooding.

With the recent rain the river was fairly high, and as a comparison I have posted a previous picture of the river during dry weather.

Can you spot the difference? Note concrete support in the centre on the older photograph. It's a couple of foot under water today...

Just as I was passing some fishermen on the canal bank, one of them was reeling in this handsome Bream.

The GPS shows the mileage, time and pace of today's walk, and although I went prepared for rain, I managed to do the walk in good sunny warm conditions.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	15473   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	15474   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	15475   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	15476  
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:52 PM

The distance astounds, but I can see why it is barely a thought on such a beautiful day. I am every fascinated with the locks and dams on your rivers over there OGF. The only time you see them here are on very large rivers or for dams, part of extensive reservoir systems. That aqueduct and canal crossing is a first for me. I really appreciate the engineering and ingenuity needed for projects like that.

Poor fishy, fishy.

Now as for what matters most, it's good to see you out and about enjoying the midday on such an outing. I particularly like that setting on your Garmin that gives you all the key information on one screen so clearly. My Garmin displays the same date, but not is clearly. A perfect example of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The folks in Olathe are ever fussing with the data screens.

I need to get back to the exercise reports...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 09:30 PM

So good to be back doing my lengths again, struggling a wee bit though as all the strength I had built up in my arm and leg muscles has gone in the year away from the pool. A couple of days ago they turned on the Jacuzzis again along with the steam rooms and sauna, so I had a lovely soak in a piping hot one with a jet hammering into the small of my back........Absolute bliss, how I've missed it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

23-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Hi, Roxy! What fantastic news that you are back in the pool again! I was wondering when those openings would begin. How crowded is it?

I had a spell of being really sore when I had a mini hiatus during our lockdown. I was surprised that while my lungs were still cooperating, my muscles said differently.

Looking forward to your reports! The surf has been up here and I am back to some regular running.

Pleased to hear all is well!

Page 368 of 370 « First < 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top