Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 02:36 PM

Re: The Chinese are at it Again

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Horses are vegetarian and a good source of protein.

Stupid not to eat them.

We eat a lot worse.
No. Sell them to the Frogs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 03:16 PM

There is no different between a horse and a cow they are both sentient animals . It is the way that both animals are slaughtered that is the problem . No animal should be transported overseas for slaughter .
Poor creatures that have been gently reared should not face a terrible death in some foreign hell hole .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They can then grow up to be serial murderers aka Jeremy Dalmer
I think someone who is cruel to an animal is every bit as bad a s murderer. We don't have to justify hammering down someone cruel to an animal for the potential of what they might do to a person. Animal cruelty is intolerable. Period.

Keezoy has the live meat export trade stopped in Australia ?

I know NZ has banned all live meat export .
This is how a country gets my travel and trade dollars.

There is no different between a horse and a cow they are both sentient animals . It is the way that both animals are slaughtered that is the problem . No animal should be transported overseas for slaughter .
Poor creatures that have been gently reared should not face a terrible death in some foreign hell hole .
Yes, and claims of fair treatment with a vet on board doesn't do it for me either. It's a dam@able and worse when attempts are made to try to justify it.

Where I live, restaurant patrons have the right to ask for the source of the meat, poultry, and seafood they are eating. That's a good step to start towards a solution and it's a good habit to ask. I don't think anyone wants to consume cruelty on a plate.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 03:11 AM

I would be quite happy to eat humans as long as they were humanely killed. The key ingredient here is lactic acid: in an unstressed animal, after death, muscle glycogen is converted into lactic acid, which helps keep meat tender, pink, and flavorful. Adrenaline released by stress before slaughter uses up glycogen, which means there’s not enough lactic acid produced postmortem. This affects different kind of meat in different ways, but in general it’ll be tough, tasteless, and high in pH, and will go bad quicker than unstressed meat. (I used to be a meat inspector at a Unilever factory in Hastings, NZ)
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

24-05-2021, 05:35 AM

Muddy could you specify which hell hole you might be referring to I would like to avoid them on my next trop abroad? ta
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I would be quite happy to eat humans as long as they were humanely killed. The key ingredient here is lactic acid: in an unstressed animal, after death, muscle glycogen is converted into lactic acid, which helps keep meat tender, pink, and flavorful. Adrenaline released by stress before slaughter uses up glycogen, which means there’s not enough lactic acid produced postmortem. This affects different kind of meat in different ways, but in general it’ll be tough, tasteless, and high in pH, and will go bad quicker than unstressed meat. (I used to be a meat inspector at a Unilever factory in Hastings, NZ)
You are quite right Ciderman
Unfortunately the countries that kill animals cruelly tend to cook meat for a long time ( such as curry ) so they are not bothered by tough meat .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I think someone who is cruel to an animal is every bit as bad a s murderer. We don't have to justify hammering down someone cruel to an animal for the potential of what they might do to a person. Animal cruelty is intolerable. Period.

This is how a country gets my travel and trade dollars.

Yes, and claims of fair treatment with a vet on board doesn't do it for me either. It's a dam@able and worse when attempts are made to try to justify it.

Where I live, restaurant patrons have the right to ask for the source of the meat, poultry, and seafood they are eating. That's a good step to start towards a solution and it's a good habit to ask. I don't think anyone wants to consume cruelty on a plate.
That's a good thing. I'd go so far as to making it a legal requirement to show evidentially where such foodstuffs have come from and how they have been obtained.
Let the patrons then decide whether or not to eat in those establishments.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2021, 11:18 AM

A big red R for ritual slaughter would be a good thing then we know what to avoid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-05-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
That makes a great deal of sense. Perhaps some of our religious nutters should be made aware of the facts.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top