Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:07 AM

Re: Something In The Eye?

If there's a pool near you then try having a swim under water with your eyes open. Even better if you can dive in and deep, also with eyes open.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:42 AM

I hope your eye is feeling a bit better this morning Ted?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 10:54 AM

Rang the Opticians, again, this morning.

They "had a word" with their Ophthalmologist and he suggested the only safe way forward would be to attend the Prince Charles Eye Surgery Department, up at the Royal Berks Hospital, in Windsor.

Apparently they do a walk in service.

Will go there on Thursday, after trying the eyewash, and other suggestions.

Funnily enough, the eye started to feel better as soon as I was told all this........!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

They "had a word" with their Ophthalmologist and he suggested the only safe way forward would be to attend the Prince Charles Eye Surgery Department, up at the Royal Berks Hospital, in Windsor.

Funnily enough, the eye started to feel better as soon as I was told all this........!
Isn't that just typical?

Please let us know how you get on, Ted.
I for one am intrigued.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 08:53 AM

maybe what I had and that is the start of having a cyst on the eyelid. Had to have minor surgey to get it cut out
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:21 PM

Last year, my friend had something in his eye.
He couldn’t get it out, the nurse at the doctors couldn’t get it out, his daughter a nurse, couldn’t get it out.
He was then sent to the hospital eye department and they got in out.

It was a flake of paint off something and it had attached to his eye ball.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:55 PM

Rang the Walk in Centre, today.

They advised me not to drive up as parking is not easy, plus I might have to drive home with one eye messed up by the treatment.

Then my daughter came round and suggested that going to the local Boots might be a better option.

Spoke to Boots & they said that an appointment might take a month to get, but, should I happen to be just passing by, they could get someone to have a look.

So I'll be "just passing" by on Monday!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Rang the Walk in Centre, today.

They advised me not to drive up as parking is not easy, plus I might have to drive home with one eye messed up by the treatment.

Then my daughter came round and suggested that going to the local Boots might be a better option.

Spoke to Boots & they said that an appointment might take a month to get, but, should I happen to be just passing by, they could get someone to have a look.

So I'll be "just passing" by on Monday!

Ted, might it not have been better to ask your daughter to take you to the walk-in centre?
You might have got it sorted today then.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:39 PM

Tedc you have had this in your eye for 4 days now & I am sure it won't be doing your eye any good . You don't know what is in the eye and it seems that nobody wants to spare 10 minutes to to help.
I appreciate that they may be busy but it would put your mind at ease if somebody would look at it & decide if it is something that can cause serious damage, or something they could deal with in a couple of minutes. If it is serious then get to the eye hospital asap. If it is something they can easily remove then I am sure somebody could spare a few minutes to help you.
You don't know what is in your eye, and before Covid you would have got help much sooner. I have pain in my wrist that I can ease with Ibuprofen gel, but when I mentioed it to my Doctors surgery they said if I was in pain a doctor would phone me this afternoon.... so tell them that it is painful and after 4 days you think it needs to be cnecked!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

23-07-2021, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tedc you have had this in your eye for 4 days now & I am sure it won't be doing your eye any good . You don't know what is in the eye and it seems that nobody wants to spare 10 minutes to to help.
I appreciate that they may be busy but it would put your mind at ease if somebody would look at it & decide if it is something that can cause serious damage, or something they could deal with in a couple of minutes. If it is serious then get to the eye hospital asap. If it is something they can easily remove then I am sure somebody could spare a few minutes to help you.
You don't know what is in your eye, and before Covid you would have got help much sooner. I have pain in my wrist that I can ease with Ibuprofen gel, but when I mentioed it to my Doctors surgery they said if I was in pain a doctor would phone me this afternoon.... so tell them that it is painful and after 4 days you think it needs to be cnecked!
Thanks, Twink, I'm working on it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top