Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 07:54 PM

Re: Missing Fatuma Kadir, 11, has been found and unharmed.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes. She would be welcomed.
Blimey, ok, so there's a chance she may run off again, and keep trying until she gets there? Assuming that is the reason she went off in the first place. Because y'know, these kids have hard lives too and it wouldn't surprise me if she just ran away from home.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
An 11-year-old girl who went missing from her home in Bolton with a "substantial amount of money" has been found "safe and well" in London, police have said. Sky News Link
Hmmm .. now as a father of four daughters, the old cynic in me is already asking why she left home without telling anyone of her intentions or why she left.
She is 11 and of obvious Islamic following. What do some of those do to their girls at a certain age? Was she leaving before FGM could be performed on her or even a marriage arranged? I hope the police delve deeply before they reunite her with her family.
I'm with you on this. This girl is British and had been brought up British. Maybe, as you say, she was earmarked for an arranged marriage, and by the look of her parents they appear to be quite traditional. No doubt, when this girl gets home, she will be severely punished, even beaten with a stick as is the favoured method of punishment on Muslim women by Muslim men, and then be locked in her room permanently. I do hope that she explains to the police why she ran away so that she can be protected if needs be.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm with you on this. This girl is British and had been brought up British. Maybe, as you say, she was earmarked for an arranged marriage, and by the look of her parents they appear to be quite traditional. No doubt, when this girl gets home, she will be severely punished, even beaten with a stick as is the favoured method of punishment on Muslim women by Muslim men, and then be locked in her room permanently. I do hope that she explains to the police why she ran away so that she can be protected if needs be.
Indeed they do, and look at the mother all bound up in her "letterbox" outfit, the poor woman. She can't even look at the camera and the contemplation in his eyes .. a beating for his daughter, that's for sure!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Indeed they do, and look at the mother all bound up in her "letterbox" outfit, the poor woman. She can't even look at the camera and the contemplation in his eyes .. a beating for his daughter, that's for sure!
My thoughts exactly. What's the betting they only want her home so she can translate for them? Neither said a word on camera and it was left to Plod to make the appeal.

When her disappearance was first announced on TV, I posited to V perhaps the girl had "done a bunk" because mum and dad wanted to FGM her.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’m inclined to agree with either of LD’s reasons for her actions. She may be about the right age for FGM.
I don’t think so FGM is usually done on much younger children .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 04:32 PM

Well, I hope that Social Services will keep on monitoring the situation and prevent any attempts to take the child to Pakistan for a `holiday` to meet the rest of the family. We all know what will happen in that case - she'll be married off to someone two or three times her age. Maybe she got an inkling what going to happen to her, and that's why she scarpered?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top