Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 09:29 AM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Anyway women have such large handbags these days, they could probably carry more than you would know!
And they can be quite lethal too! So you'd better watch yourself, Harbal!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Don't worry about that, Twinkle, I've got loads of time since I retired.
Well you could talk to you neighbours more if you get bored!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
And they can be quite lethal too! So you'd better watch yourself, Harbal!
I can usually judge when to stop just before it gets to the handbag swinging stage.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:37 AM

Well you could talk to you neighbours more if you get bored!
I'll never have that much time.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You legend Smithy! I have a feeling your "inferiority" is all in your head. But i guess that is stating the bleedin obvious. 7

I'm not so sure but thanks anyway,mate.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Art i agree that you have to consider both people, but when you know there will always be people who can't stop talking I would always find a gentle way to stop the conversation on a bus, or go by car next time!
Try keeping a small book in your handbag, and when they won't stop talking say " Sorry I need to finish my book as the friend I am meeting wants it back today". It is only a small fib & shouldn't hurt the other persons feelings.
Twink, Why should l have to do all that?

Why aren’t l entitled to go about my way and enjoy my life? Why should l add to the global destruction by taking my car?

Saying, ‘Sorry, l need to finish my book’, sounds very rude to me. I could not do that as l am very polite and l find that quite an ignorant thing to say, actually.

Twink, I think you are being unrealistic! We are talking about over an hour of non stop, one way conversation here, not a fleeting, ‘Hello, lovely weather today but we could do with a bit of rain’!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:51 AM

Well I think Harbal is a fraud.And just pretending to be heartless.I'm sure he'd be a very good neighbour.Just don't lend him anything.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
We probably have more in common than you think then, Bratti.
Yep!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I will talk to anyone, regardless, I even talk to my Bikes.
This comment reminds me of when I was 11 or 12 years old. I had come downstairs to see what Santa had brought me and there resting against the settee was a brand spanking new pushbike. Oh my goodness, I was so, so happy, so much so I was talking to it lol. A memory that's never faded.

Back on topic. I will talk to anyone. You may not like to hear others problems but sometimes it does the bearer of the problem a world of good to get that problem off their chest. You may unwittingly really be helping someone who is suffering real mental anguish with that particular problem.

My Mother always told me, a trouble shared, is a trouble halved.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

My Mother always told me, a trouble shared, is a trouble halved.
Exactly, and I don't want half of someone else's trouble.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top