Join for free
Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 03:57 PM

Re: Please use the 'Temporary Chat Section' for now

Thanks for all the hard work you’re putting in Azz .
Similar to a local community Facebook site I’m on I was happy when it was announced it could now be seen white text on a black background which I do prefer .
Would there be a chance of that in here?
I can put my iPads into Dark Mode but not all site pages come up white text on black background .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 04:26 PM

Hi Azz, did you say earlier that we'd have to re-post all our albums when the new forum is up & running, plus any photo's in threads? If so does that mean we can post photo's more than once because at the moment we can only post a photo once & this forum doesn't let you post it elsewhere again?
Thank you. Looking forward to the new OFF.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thank you for all your hard work Azz, I'm really looking forward to seeing and trying the new layout/forum/software/smileys.
Originally Posted by Omah ->
Seconded .....
Originally Posted by JBR ->
Hear hear.
Thanks all - I hope you all like it when it finally arrives

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks for all the hard work you’re putting in Azz .
Similar to a local community Facebook site I’m on I was happy when it was announced it could now be seen white text on a black background which I do prefer .
Would there be a chance of that in here?
I can put my iPads into Dark Mode but not all site pages come up white text on black background .
You're welcome Zuleika and unfortunately there won't be a dark mode, sorry. Having to maintain multiple styles is a bit of a chore, and it also dilutes our brand a bit - so for now at least there won't be a 'dark' theme/mode (sorry!)

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hi Azz, did you say earlier that we'd have to re-post all our albums when the new forum is up & running, plus any photo's in threads? If so does that mean we can post photo's more than once because at the moment we can only post a photo once & this forum doesn't let you post it elsewhere again?
Thank you. Looking forward to the new OFF.
We'll have a 'Your Photos' section where you can post threads to replace albums - so you could have multiple threads in there or just one and put all your photos in there. You should be able to post more than once (tho it's generally better to just post a link to where it is originally posted - as that way you keep all the comments in one place )

It will hopefully all become clearer when it goes live tho (and I am hoping that isn't much longer!)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 07:52 PM

Thank you Azz, that does help.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks all - I hope you all like it when it finally arrives

You're welcome Zuleika and unfortunately there won't be a dark mode, sorry. Having to maintain multiple styles is a bit of a chore, and it also dilutes our brand a bit - so for now at least there won't be a 'dark' theme/mode (sorry!)

We'll have a 'Your Photos' section where you can post threads to replace albums - so you could have multiple threads in there or just one and put all your photos in there. You should be able to post more than once (tho it's generally better to just post a link to where it is originally posted - as that way you keep all the comments in one place )

It will hopefully all become clearer when it goes live tho (and I am hoping that isn't much longer!)

Sorry Azz, i dont understand that? Why would we have 'threads' in a photo album? Isnt a photo album just pictures?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2021, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Azz, i dont understand that? Why would we have 'threads' in a photo album? Isnt a photo album just pictures?
If you look at Tiffany's profile you'll see albums in the right hand side Mups: https://www.over50sforum.com/member.php?u=2437

The new forum doesn't not have albums but we will have a 'Your Photos & Art' section where you can start threads and then post photos in there. So Tiffany could start a thread about birds to replace her Birds album and call it something like "Tiffany's Bird Photos" - then post her photos in ther
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 06:43 AM

What about scribblers.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
If you look at Tiffany's profile you'll see albums in the right hand side Mups: https://www.over50sforum.com/member.php?u=2437

The new forum doesn't not have albums but we will have a 'Your Photos & Art' section where you can start threads and then post photos in there. So Tiffany could start a thread about birds to replace her Birds album and call it something like "Tiffany's Bird Photos" - then post her photos in ther
So does that mean we won't be able to post a photo to any thread outside of the 'Your Photos & Art' section? That would be a shame, because sometimes a thread is started without necessarily having an intention of including photos (or videos for that matter) but then as the thread progresses, photos are added to illustrate a point, say. Will we lose this kind of spontaneity?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
So does that mean we won't be able to post a photo to any thread outside of the 'Your Photos & Art' section? That would be a shame, because sometimes a thread is started without necessarily having an intention of including photos (or videos for that matter) but then as the thread progresses, photos are added to illustrate a point, say. Will we lose this kind of spontaneity?
I'm fairly sure this just applies to Profile Albums, Sheba....like you name a thread and just put your photo's in there. The new forum has masses of space now, so I think we can still post photos & videos as part of a conversation.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2021, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm fairly sure this just applies to Profile Albums, Sheba....like you name a thread and just put your photo's in there. The new forum has masses of space now, so I think we can still post photos & videos as part of a conversation.
Thanks Pixie. I was pretty sure I'd got my knickers in a twist with overthinking this!!!

Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top