Join for free
Page 54 of 55 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 11:14 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 4)

Speaking of tools, here’s one of my favoutite tools.
This here Hammer is a French Chasing Hammer, and like the cavemen of old I used to do all my chasing with a Hammer, you get so used to the feel of it that it acts like an extension of your hand, ah the thrill of the chase. I have in me day chased Snakes up trees and chased hounds and horses on trays and plaques.
I once chased three naked milkmaids all around a cow creamer for a Dairy Farmer who lost a leg in a tractor accident, the maids join together holding hands right around the piece, he has the silver creamer sitting on his mantle piece between two candlestick in the shape of milk churns.
Every year the wife and me used to pay him a visit in Kerry and after we finished dinner he would fill a silver Goblet with port for me, the Goblet has been in his Family since it was discovered by an ancestor ploughing his field back in 1889, it took quite a battering and was unrecognisable when he first showed it to me in the 1970’s, he asked me to take it home and see what I could do with it, I restored it completely for him, even soldered the two broken handles back together using traditional hand mixed silver solder. It’s hallmarked Dublin Castle 1790 and not particularly valuable, part of a set, about a hundred quid or so, but he would never part with it. Ever since then he would fill it for me every time I went there, he says it has brought him and his Family good luck, and if that’s the case everyone’s a winner.
Yes indeed the Hammer is one of mankinds finest and useful tools, from small ones to large ones, where would we be without our Hammers, is it any wonder that I am a huge Hammer Horror fan?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
She had not RJ, according to de Holy Bible she was created not born, so no belly button.
They where however Irish because in their naked state Adam looked at her an exclaimed "Oh Hair!" and she look at him and said "Oh Tool".
Nicely put Jem, no double entendre intended.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:32 AM

I sent away to China for one of these wigs, my daughter is having a big do in August for her 50th birthday and I'll wear it for the craic, I'll surprise her, I'll have to make a square wire frame to insert into me mouth to get the Trump shape, and practice up on my Trump speech imitation, oh course there's always the chance I might swallow the square after a few jars and be left with a mouth like that, God forbid.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Donald Trump...;GOOD call,Jem. I must hereby say I rather like D Trump Esq,but not for the usual reasons. I like him,because he's so far right he makes A. Hitler Esq seem like a moderate...and in his acerbic rants regarding immigration,muslims,democrats,anyone who isn't Murcan,and the rest of the world being beneath contempt,he's doing an EXCELLENT job of getting himself nominated as Republican nominee. GOOD on 'im. So...let me see...hmm...right-lied about how he made his money,lied about his affairs,lied about his opponents,lied about 'Trump Towers'....and has no idea where Lithuania is,nor can he open an atlas and point directly to the geographic location of the Hermitage Museum without prompting from the wings. [St Petersburgh,for those unacquainted] WHAT a wanker!

No,I reckon he makes VERY good bullshit tv,an excellent nominee...but NO hope of making president. Now,our own Jeremy Corbin gets some VERY pointedly 'anti' reviews,in both daily papers and in tv discussions...which inevitably do not include him. Ok...but I have to say,I like the bloke.
He's left and happy to be so. I've been in his company [prior to him becoming party leader] and I have to say,in all earnestness,the bloke is true to his beliefs in that he thinks 12 billion pounds to uprate a nuclear bomb we can NOT activate use until/unless the USA give us the codes,is a bloody silly waste of money,when the NHS is shrinking,when oap's are being rescricted regarding pensions,when schools are selling playing fields so estates can be built-yet no youngster can afford to buy a house. No,this present government is taking the piss-and getting away with it because nobody can/will stand up and defy them. So,along comes some unheard of scruffy bloke-and rips right into them. What is the response? Oh,let's ridicule him because his tie isn't right,because he didn't sing the National Anthem,or because he doesn't dress correctly for televised 'PM's questions'. Ok...who was it got drunk,then buggered off and FORGOT his daughter,leaving her alone in the pub? Who was it that did inappropriate things with a pig? Who spent DAYS in the Brussels E.U.,arguing for a 'better deal'...and came home with what he proudly proclaimed to be a 'breakthrough' in our relationship with the E.U. overpaid bureaucrats???
Yes,jolly good,Dave-now,tell us all WHY we have to 'negotiate',if this wonderful E.U. is supposed to be fair,open and equal...hmm?
Soddem....let's get out,take back our sovereignty,make our OWN rules and laws and let's start trading with our commonwealth countries...countries who are happy to be in the commonwealth and who have goods we like,while being appreciative of the goods we export.
After all,have you been along the M20 lately? It's a parking-lot for European trucks,now. British trucks wanting/needing to stop,can't.
The number of times I've been overtaken by a left-hooker being driven by a wanker who's actually watching tv as he drives,or a bloke who has one foot up on the dashboard,is without number. YOU try doing that in France... [ok,I've had me rant....must go lie down.....mumble mumble...]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:56 PM

It is getting irksome, the requirement to ruminate over the antics of Johnny foreigner, I wish to have no truck with them, we are witnessing the blight of dear old Blighty.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 04:12 PM

Yers..wot he sedd!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

26-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Thank you Pug for that info about Trump, I'll incorporate it into my act..
Yes and the sooner youse get out the better then we’ll be getting out after yez, as the man from delmonte says, “Yeh can’t beat your own milk and eggs” I always went by the man from delmonte, he’s a wise old git and has been around the block a few times in his day, knows more than all the politicians put together.

Viva le Man from Delmonte! The original Lemon Drop Kid.

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

27-02-2016, 03:05 AM

Jem,the Punt Eireannach should never have been replaced with that bloody awful Euro. WHAT a fkn joke THAT is! how the hell can a universally-used currency have different values according to the country you happen to be in??? The German Euro is worth approximately three times the Greek Euro!
Youwhat? Nah...bring back the Ir£,tell Brussels to sod off,declare war on the Acabo Islands [that'll give you rain-soaked chaps a reason to invade a sunny clime] and instate Puckoon as your capital city.
THAT'LL give they foreign chappies some wrinkled brows!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 09:11 AM

Is that why Ireland accepted the uro, because when I was working I would never accept their £ notes?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

27-02-2016, 04:19 PM

WHAT???
Are you confessing to being [shudder] of working class,Emjay???

Page 54 of 55 « First < 4 44 52 53 54 55 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top