Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Re: Well, I値l Just Have To Smell Then!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
... Deodorant is intended to deal with perspiration not to mask the odours of illness , there are medications specifically designed for that purpose .

Perspiring is a natural function of the body, a deodorant will not stop that .
If a person perspires too much again, there are medications that can help.
At best deodorant block the pores temporarily preventing a natural function intend to help to cool the body at worst they mask the smell of stale perspiration, if people wash frequently they don't have stale perspiration.

Perspiration also contains Pheromones which play an important part in human attraction and interaction, newborn babies are attracted to their mothers own individual smell and it plays a part in the bonding process.

There are many reasons not to use a deodorant.
I respectfully disagree. Antiperspirants blog pores from perspiring and people should perspire but I think that痴 what you meant. There are natural deodorants that will help kill the bacteria and fungus that is caused by sweating. People with issues need to be much more resourceful with products they use and the foods they choose to eat. I guess my main point being that not all body odour is caused by poor personal hygiene.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure about the Ethanol content, Bratti? Isn't that used in Antifreeze? (I may be wrong).
I hope you are pleased with it anyway.

I have used the Handmade Naturals products almost since they started, years ago. Somewhere on the website it explains fully about ingredients and what everything means on labels. It's interesting.

Another one over here with a good reputation is:

https://www.nealsyardremedies.com/

I don't know if you have that where you are?
I shall always stick with the HM Naturals though, as I know and trust her products.
What product did you did ethanol in?
I saw this product and wasn稚 sure of its source so looked it up. I知 going to write to this product maker today to find out.

https://www.stillpointaromatics.com/...l-aromatherapy
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Most people who wash regularly do not need a deodorant, good old soap and water will serve them well and that fact that so many people think they need a deodorant is testament to the abilities of advertising companies.
The way I look at it is this: freshly washed bodies don't smell - BUT - by applying deodorant on a freshly washed body you keep the fresh feeling longer.

After 4 -5 -6 hours the body that was freshly washed earlier may begin to have a slight whiff of sweat - whereas the body with deodorant applied will not!!

So it gives you the fresh feeling for longer without the need to go wash your underarms every few hours.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The way I look at it is this: freshly washed bodies don't smell - BUT - by applying deodorant on a freshly washed body you keep the fresh feeling longer.

After 4 -5 -6 hours the body that was freshly washed earlier may begin to have a slight whiff of sweat - whereas the body with deodorant applied will not!!

So it gives you the fresh feeling for longer without the need to go wash your underarms every few hours.

I'd agree with that, Carol.
I never use anti-perspirants though.

Also, it's easy enough to keep washing if you are home, but what if you go out for the day and it's a hot day?

Without deodorant, you can't expect to stay smelling like you have just washed 8 hours later.
Sweat would also pong on clothing as well, and you can't keep changing that while you are out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Dove make a roll-on that is just deodorant not antiperspirant and doesn't have aluminium salts in. It smells of cucumber and green tea.

Just a little thought - perspiration is a natural bodily function - it needs to happen. If you stop it from happening under your arms, gravity will take it elsewhere - and you'll all end up with smelly wet feet!!
I use dove roll on only if I am going near people .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don稚 like spray deodorants, as l find them too overpowering and they make me sore.
Yesterday, l went to buy the roll on deodorant Amplex Caring that l have used for years. It is the only one that suits me but it seems to have been discontinued! Grrrrr..

What do you use? Do you prefer spray deodorants or a roll on one?
Don稚 you find some of them overpowering and make you sore under your arms?

I read that some spray and roll on deodorants contain Aluminium, so probably that痴 why the Amplex Caring suited me as it doesn稚 contain it.
Looks like you can still buy it on-line - I've just had a look.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 03:55 PM

The only roll on deoderent that Mr Glanny can use that doesn't make him sore or itchy is Bionsen, available in Boots and I think Superdrug, and also some supermarkets stock it. All the other "sensitive" ones, whether they are aluminium free or wotevvs still cause a reaction.
I have only read the last page of this thread (so far) so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 04:09 PM

Ohh oops! sorry! Your first reply reccommends Bionsen!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:49 PM

I discovered by accident that Savlon cream is a good deodorant.

I had an underarm rash from shaving & couldn't bear to use deodorant so I smoothed on the Savlon. The deodorant effect was long lasting..

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top