Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:45 AM

Bad start...

My day hasn't started well.

I accompanied Tony to the doctors for his appointment. I clearly displayed my 'exempt' badge as I can't wear face mask due to medical problems. Receptionist/person who let me in said I had to wear a face mask as there were patients inside. She refused to accept I was exempt so in the end I put a spare mask of Tony's on & went inside.

There was only one man at the far end of the room & I thought 'Well I'm not going anywhere near him' so I took the mask off. She was soon at me again to put the mask on & I lost my temper - told he I was going to report her for bullying. All she could say was 'It's our policy' I said 'yes & the policy doesn't apply for people who are exempt - the Prime Minister himself tells us that.

Anyway at this point the doctor can hear the shouting & comes out & beckons us in.

I'm wondering who was in the right - her or me?
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

23-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Re: Bad start...

Originally Posted by carol ->

I'm wondering who was in the right - her or me?
I'm certainly no lawyer, but I would say you were in the right, Carol, because you had your official exemption badge with you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:57 AM

As an asthmatic I do have a problem with masks but I don't have an exemption badge, most of the time I don't have to wear a mask for long (the longest being 1.5 hours waiting to see a Consultant) so I do slow breathing and put up with it for the sake of other people.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:02 PM

You are no longer legally required to wear a face covering in any setting. Therefore you do not need to rely on an exemption if you need one.
From the gov's website.

The receptionist is allowed to ask, but not enforce anyone irrespective of whether you are exempt or not.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:12 PM

I have Asthma too but no way would l not wear a mask where l should.
The reasons why? l couldn’t stand all the aggro, the evil and suspicious stares etc.
I wear a face mask and put up with the suffering of not being able to breathe properly and having steamed up reading glasses.
It’s just easier!

Carol, At least you got in quicker to see the doctor!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:15 PM

Carol both you & the receptionist were in an impossibe position because you needed to be with Tony, owing to his memory problems, but the receptionist would have been in trouble if she had let you sit in the waiting room.
Perhaps the doctors surgery were at fault for not providing a separate waiting area for those who cannot wear masks!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:24 PM

The receptionist was in the right. 100%.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not in they eyes of the law.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:38 PM

It's the same at our Leisure Centre, No mask, No entry,I quizzed the girl on the desk about it a few weeks back, and she told me that they don't recognise the exempt bands.Seems daft to me as all the chlorine in the air kills the virus.........according to the lifeguards.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

Please explain why you can be so 100% sure?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top