Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:49 PM

No more Ben and Jerrys in the West Bank

Actually I don’t eat Ben and Jerry’s .
I barely touch ice cream as I am lactose intolerant so suffer when I do succumb.
However I have been known to indulge in Hagen Daz delicious dulce de leche ice cream and blow the tummy ache after.

In the latest anti Israel campaign it’s seem that Ben and Jerry’s will no longer sell their ice cream in the West Bank, ie the so called ‘occupied territories ‘ .
Well that’s sad for any Palestinians there if they are Ben and Jerry’s fans .

Although they can always get one if they are desperate by walking over to East Jerusalem

Somehow this may turn out to be an own goal .

And I hate to say this but Ben and Jerry’s is owned by the British company Unilever .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:54 PM

Re: No more Ben and Jerrys in the West Bank

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Actually I don’t eat Ben and Jerry’s .
I barely touch ice cream as I am lactose intolerant so suffer when I do succumb.
However I have been known to indulge in Hagen Daz delicious dulce de leche ice cream and blow the tummy ache after.

In the latest anti Israel campaign it’s seem that Ben and Jerry’s will no longer sell their ice cream in the West Bank, ie the so called ‘occupied territories ‘ .
Well that’s sad for any Palestinians there if they are Ben and Jerry’s fans .

Although they can always get one if they are desperate by walking over to East Jerusalem

Somehow this may turn out to be an own goal .

And I hate to say this but Ben and Jerry’s is owned by the British company Unilever .
You could be right, they're already being boycotted by some for their support of the BLM movement and their contributions to that organisation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:08 PM

They support BDS ( which has been a total failure ) as well. They originally wanted to ban Ben and Jerry’s in all Israel .
However I expect the other ice cream makers will be happy !
Israel can do very well without Ben and Jerry’s .
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 03:45 PM

Perhaps some should be blaming the European Council on Foreign Relations as it was there the West Bank first became designated as such and to quote:-

The term Occupied Palestinian Territories has been used for years to describe the areas occupied by Israel since 1967, namely the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, according to the European Council on Foreign Relations.

Unilever also have brands such as Knorr and also other wide ranges of products under the name of Henkel, but they are still available in the West Bank, so no real logic to the Ben & Jerry's episode.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 04:14 PM

Ben and Jerry’s was sold to Unilever at some vast price but kept their own board . the chairman of which is anti Israel .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Food companies should keep out of politics full stop.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ben and Jerry’s was sold to Unilever at some vast price but kept their own board . the chairman of which is anti Israel .

Indeed. Anuradha Mittal is another "human rights" trouble making ANTIFA flavoured BLM supporting POS that should have been drowned at birth. Not just for her Judenhass but for her regressive beliefs across the board.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Food companies should keep out of politics full stop.

I will not wittingly buy Unilever products anyway!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 05:08 PM

Häagen-Dazs must be delighted !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

I will not wittingly buy Unilever products anyway!
Why’s that Tabbs ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top