Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Re: Holidays

Just back from 2 weeks in Somerset shared with 3 wonderful people in their own homes. Had a marvelous time and loved every minute of it and the weather was glorious. I will recipricate in my home shortly.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 03:48 AM

I'm in the Indonesian equivalent of Fawlty Towers at the moment, aka Novotel Manado. You couldn't make it up - endless check-in procedure, internet down for hours yesterday, shower cubicle mouldy, door handle fell off in my hand, had to explain in words of one syllable what reconfirming a flight meant, breakfast stone cold as though the food was in warmers all the lids were left open for the heat to get out...it goes on. Good thing I have a sense of humour and well, well ready to get my flight home later today.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm in the Indonesian equivalent of Fawlty Towers at the moment, aka Novotel Manado. You couldn't make it up - endless check-in procedure, internet down for hours yesterday, shower cubicle mouldy, door handle fell off in my hand, had to explain in words of one syllable what reconfirming a flight meant, breakfast stone cold as though the food was in warmers all the lids were left open for the heat to get out...it goes on. Good thing I have a sense of humour and well, well ready to get my flight home later today.
think I'll stick to Somerset at least the likeness to Fawlty Towers only came about when the dog slipped his collar and ran into a restaurant followed in hot pursuit by my friend who has long dark hair, which was sticking out like a scarecrow,and bares a striking resemblance to a gnome, (but he's lovely) dressed in a black suit shouting "'ere you can't go in there Bailey" in a west country accent and wildly flapping his arms about, the dog ran straight through a group of people, so did friend ,and shot out of another door, then ran through a group of smokers onto the main road (the pavement not the actual road) with friend still in hot pursuit and shouting"Come back Bailey you're not allowed on the road" , dog did a nifty sharpe right turn and shot through hole in the wall back into the car park and stopped on a patch of grass for a wee, as friend neared he shot off again then spotted a little dog sat with some people so dived through them to say "hello". I had also spotted potential new friend and was standing with slipped collar in hand and, as he arrived I bellowed "SIT", he did, so did his new friend and the man stood near him, I put the dog's collar on smiled at everyone and walked back to the car. Friend arrived completely out of puff and announced (sounding like one of the Werzals) " 'e knows every word she says"
All I could hear was gales of laughter and applause and a likening to Fawlty Towers. I was happy to know we had given so many people a good laugh. I gave up on dignity years ago.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 09:36 AM

I'm just back from Mull my Home Island. Went back for a Wee Visit with Family that still lives there. Didn't realise how much I'd missed the place till I got off the Ferry.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 09:35 PM

I'm ready to go anywhere but the weather is a put off. May wait till next month and go to Crete.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hope you had a good time Shaz
Had a lovely time Meg, daughter got married while we were their.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:03 PM

Just back from a week on the North Yorkshire Moors it was lovely we were really fortunate with the weather only one wet day ...Yorkshire is so dog friendly it is a pleasure taking the dog there, we visit the Dales often but haven't been over the east side for years it was great stayed in a lovely cottage in Levisham just below Goathland (Aidensfield on Heartbeat) a wonderful recharge your batteries sort of week...Sue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Just returned from a long weekend in Paris. Weather was brilliant!!! - bright cloudless skies and the sun was hot enough to tan my face and arms.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Just back from a week on the North Yorkshire Moors it was lovely we were really fortunate with the weather only one wet day ...Yorkshire is so dog friendly it is a pleasure taking the dog there, we visit the Dales often but haven't been over the east side for years it was great stayed in a lovely cottage in Levisham just below Goathland (Aidensfield on Heartbeat) a wonderful recharge your batteries sort of week...Sue
Sounds lovely Sue, I bet Lexi was in heaven Pleased to hear you were lucky with the weather.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Just returned from a long weekend in Paris. Weather was brilliant!!! - bright cloudless skies and the sun was hot enough to tan my face and arms.
Hi UJ I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Paris which no doubt included some good food

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top