Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:38 PM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Yes Gia, for the reasons you just gave there, I can see why you have jumped back into your bunker!
Mind you, I haven't exactly noticed a rush of people wanting to do what Azz outlined there.
I can't say I blame them!
Now then.
Can I please join you in your Bunker?
Yes Kenny and you can see which creeps will be coming out and where this is going
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know it 'can' happen - but the forum mentioned hardly had a good reputation
If a potential Mod isn't fair and acted as you suggest, they wouldn't last long ..........
Oh this is becoming a comedy
dukeofearl
south coast uk

20-01-2016, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Yes, I also remember that thread, which appeared to come to nothing, despite the then apparent need for more mods.

Maybe this time there will be a result.
Yes MK, Me and Kenny for Mods. And why not?

What is happening to this place, more rules, mores rules, more rules and now forum wrecking mods. Welcome to every other clique infested forum and the demise of the one decent one left.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
What is happening to this place, more rules, mores rules, more rules and now forum wrecking mods. Welcome to every other clique infested forum and the demise of the one decent one left.
Don't be such a pessimist Mike

Some people make Mods sound like a different species, we are just members like the rest of you only with a few responsibilities to try to keep the site running smoothly
dukeofearl
south coast uk

21-01-2016, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Some people make Mods sound like a different species, we are just members like the rest of you only with a few responsibilities to try to keep the site running smoothly
Meg I have always said you are the exception, truth is I do not believe we will ever find another like you.

Mods on all the major forums are rubbish, clique related, special friends, cannot read posts, swayed by certain groups, cannot read what is written and too old to have diverse mindsets. In short the death of most forums and a good reason to head for the exit.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 12:52 AM

Duke...

'Meg I have always said you are the exception, truth is I do not believe we will ever find another like you.'

Yes Meg.
I am not trying to butter up to you as well!
Honest I am not!
But I totally agree with Mike there.
I can see that you are quite a tolerant Lady, who will only 'butt in' on a particular thread or person, if you have no other option.

It goes without saying that I haven't always agreed with you, but you have stayed firm but fair.
A forum cannot ask any more than that from a Mod.

If another Mod does come into the forum, and I have somehow managed to cling on in here, then if that person conducts themselves just like you, then I will have no complaints.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
There you go Patsy:
Ooer Twiz - I couldn't watch that
She's a good actress though
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 09:22 AM

Might be an idea to have different "helpers" for different sections.

With you established Mods overseeing them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 09:47 AM

I think this thread was intended to be for queries relating to nominating 'helpers' who might become Mods, not about the existing Moderators here or elsewhere or suggestions on how the site should be run .
Anything anyone suggests with regard to Mods and Helpers has most probably already been tried before on our sister sites.

When the site is running to order Mods and helpers should hardly be noticed at all .

ETA One thing everyone can do to help the site is to report spammers but please do not reply to them, when you do you add to the workload of the Mods.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 10:54 PM

Don't sell yourself short Meg, you need to have special qualities to become a Mod and most of us couldn't possibly measure up.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top