Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:40 PM

Re: We have Snow

It started snowing here just as we got up. Dumped around 6" of the stuff over the next 4 hours and now it's stopped. Kids are in the field at the bottom of our garden with their sledges enjoying themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 04:54 PM

It's finally easing off here, probably just in time to freeze tonight!

It got worse after these were taken:

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=Percy Vere;2025085]It started snowing here just as we got up. Dumped around 6" of the stuff over the next 4 hours and now it's stopped. Kids are in the field at the bottom of our garden with their sledges enjoying themselves.[/QUOTE

Get your sledge out,Percy, let’s see who gets to the bottom of the hill first!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's finally easing off here, probably just in time to freeze tonight!

It got worse after these were taken:

Nice pics,Mups,quite a lot of snow I see.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s slowly melting here,Tiff.
According to our weather report it should snow here tonight, but I think it's already too cold.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:02 PM

It was easing off a bit earlier, but is big flakes again now.
I have cleared the path from my back door 5 times now..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2021, 08:05 PM

Great pictures, Mups. Just taken my Westie friend for a walk - very frosty here but no snow yet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Great pictures, Mups. Just taken my Westie friend for a walk - very frosty here but no snow yet.

Its got quite a lot worse since I took the pics Tabs, I don't know how i will get out in the morning yet. It is frozen solid now.
Local news is advising people not to drive tomorrow.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 04:45 AM

What a treat to see all these photos!

Pauline, I love those big wet flakes. Your photo could be a jigsaw puzzle!

Meg, trust you to worry about the birds. I don't know if it would help, but we used to put a 4'X6' piece of paneling in the yard before a snowfall. The next morning, or later in the day, I would just dust it off and move it off to one side - green grass below - for the birds or the dogs. What an adorable grandchild. Snow and kids are made for one another!

Mups, it seems almost surreal to see your beautiful gardens wearing their winter fluff. It will look altogether different in just a few more months!

Muddy, you know where my heart is when it comes to BCs. How sweet! I image snowy days like this are heaven!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What a treat to see all these photos!

Pauline, I love those big wet flakes. Your photo could be a jigsaw puzzle!

Meg, trust you to worry about the birds. I don't know if it would help, but we used to put a 4'X6' piece of paneling in the yard before a snowfall. The next morning, or later in the day, I would just dust it off and move it off to one side - green grass below - for the birds or the dogs. What an adorable grandchild. Snow and kids are made for one another!

Mups, it seems almost surreal to see your beautiful gardens wearing their winter fluff. It will look altogether different in just a few more months!

Muddy, you know where my heart is when it comes to BCs. How sweet! I image snowy days like this are heaven!
Hi SM thank you, I tried putting an upturned dustbin lid on the garden for the birds one year but there were suspicious of something strange and shunned it.
They seem to prefer that a patch of their familiar lawn is cleared of snow and yesterday quickly demolished the variety of food I put out there on the lawn including thawed blackcurrants, a real treat for the blackbirds .

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top