Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Re: Do You Discipline Your Thinking?

Very disciplined, and I hate distractions. Sometimes too rigid and staunch, so I'm told....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 10:05 PM

What about those tractions?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 10:18 PM

As The Moody Blues said..it's a question of balance. too much discipline can make you boring and unimaginative. Too little and you run the risk of being labelled with something by a mental health "expert". Just enough to keep you ahead of or at least in the game. That's about right.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 10:26 PM

One day the Experts will justify their income.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-04-2021, 10:30 PM

Is it a cash cow, dealing with off the wall thinking, if such thinking does not effect rational mainstream?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Sometimes my mind is a terrible person.

I need to work on that.
I don't see the need, no one can read others thoughts, so I think what I think. The problem would come if I said things aloud.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 11:13 PM

My mind is like a nervy spooky horse it jibes here and there runs at any small distraction and shies away from difficult situations .
I can calm a nervous horse but have never been able to tame my mind..
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My mind is like a nervy spooky horse it jibes here and there runs at any small distraction and shies away from difficult situations .
I can calm a nervous horse but have never been able to tame my mind..

Don't change Muddy. You are yourself regardless. That is no small thing in these days of pretence and BS. Any mind that can produce art as beautiful as yours is OK IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 12:36 AM

I did manage this mom in my mid twenties when I was totally drained and stressed after a chest bug. Before this my mind would be chasing its tail all the time.

A combination of (stillness and decluttering) visualisation exercises, a complete clear out of physical clutter, healthy diet, focusing on healing and sheer determination by constantly bringing my mind back to observing mode.

Of course it all went to pot after my father died, but the inner peace at the time was immense and it's amazing how much you can achieve just by letting it flow without a cluttered mind.

it really depends on the type of learning style you have as to what will suit you. I find visualisation has a really powerful effect on me. I stopped smoking for example by visualising I was right next to an exhaust from a car breathing in the smoke every time I took a drag. Other people might be able to focus using ambient sounds or white noise. I do think it's a lot easier when you are young (well I guess everything is!)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Don't change Muddy. You are yourself regardless. That is no small thing in these days of pretence and BS. Any mind that can produce art as beautiful as yours is OK IMO
I'd be interested to know Muddy whether your mind is calmed when you are drawing.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top