Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:34 PM

Homesick

I've been getting photos of the dogs and this pretty sunset from my backyard - all of which I am missing.

My mother and I are sitting here reminiscing about our old family homes, and talking about how deep those roots grow - how the best of times are sitting on front porch swings, making hair wreaths out of one's great-grandmothers' honeysuckle vines, and building forts in one's grandfather's pecan trees. I wonder if my kids will have such fondness of home?

All that travel and still there is no place like it.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Re: Homesick

Nice post Surfermom, and lovely serene picture.

You say about missing your dogs, could you not have taken them with you for company on the journey?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:01 PM

Mups, they do love the car and are wonderful travelers but...

I currently have three large dogs, two of which were victims of terrible abuse, so I worry about their anxiety in my mom's house where she has two of her own and people are coming and going all day long. My mom is very small and fragile these days, so despite her protests, I also left them home worrying that she might fall because of them.

My son, the one who sent me this picture, is staying at the house. They think he is great rambunctious fun. I am afraid that I am the only one doing the missing!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:11 PM

Lovely photo, SM. Sorry you are missing home & your dogs...its so hard when family is spread far and wide.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Mups, they do love the car and are wonderful travelers but...

I currently have three large dogs, two of which were victims of terrible abuse, so I worry about their anxiety in my mom's house where she has two of her own and people are coming and going all day long. My mom is very small and fragile these days, so despite her protests, I also left them home worrying that she might fall because of them.

My son, the one who sent me this picture, is staying at the house. They think he is great rambunctious fun. I am afraid that I am the only one doing the missing!

Ah, I do understand. It is not always possible, or wise, in someone else's house is it.

You will have to take them some extra special treats home with you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

06-05-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Lovely photo, SM. Sorry you are missing home & your dogs...its so hard when family is spread far and wide.
Thank you, PK.

Like many on the forum, I had the good fortune of having parents who raised us to not be afraid to spread our wings and fly. It was an unbelievable selfless approach to life, but we are working hard to compensate for that now!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:16 PM

Wow Mommy, that photograph looks like paradise . Wish I coukd see that in real life.

I love to reminisce with my Daddy, treasured moments indeed making memories. I wish we could bottle the moments like this. Xx
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:43 PM

Having moved about 5 times since being married home is where I am now. Do I long for the past ,ie grandmothers house where we had our holidays in and the area? no so much has changed it would not be the same
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:47 PM

Amazing photograph, surfer.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:58 PM

Gosh if that was the view from my back garden, I'd be sorely missing it too! What a wonderful photo Surfermom!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top