Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Re: Some people should never have dogs

What a terrible story. That poor dog, what a life of misery with a terrible ending. Most people think of farmers as animal lovers but they arent. They are usually quite heartless and cold towards animals as they are just money making machines to them and disposed of if in the way.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 05:28 PM

I tried to turn a "blind eye" to this Thread and didn't want to look at it tbh knowing how upset it would make me.Ive taken in animals in the past that were treated very badly and no matter what you hear and read including this Thread it don't get any easier to understanding how nasty some folk are.I had 13 Dogs and lots of other animals at one point in my life and kept everyone of them until they died of natural causes.All were loved very much and I was to worried to ever let any go incase they got treated in a way I would find wrong.
How can anybody be this cruel and heartless?????I'm a believer in karma. You get what you give and in this case I so hope this will be done.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bridie ->
What a terrible story. That poor dog, what a life of misery with a terrible ending. Most people think of farmers as animal lovers but they arent. They are usually quite heartless and cold towards animals as they are just money making machines to them and disposed of if in the way.
Agree with you there Bridie
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
How can anybody be this cruel and heartless?????I'm a believer in karma. You get what you give and in this case I so hope this will be done.
Somebody left a starving lurcher/greyhound type dog tied up in a local nature reserve a few days ago, you could see every single bone in its body. Its now with the RSPCA being treated. They reckon it will take at least two weeks before it starts to show some improvement, poor little mite.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Somebody left a starving lurcher/greyhound type dog tied up in a local nature reserve a few days ago, you could see every single bone in its body. Its now with the RSPCA being treated. They reckon it will take at least two weeks before it starts to show some improvement, poor little mite.
Those Breed of Dogs are such loving creatures Marpaul.Thank goodness there are places where these poor little darlin's can be looked after and with our help financially in life or in death they will carry on making our special little friends trust man again.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 12:24 AM

I have two little dogs, ruined pooches to be honest, fortunately we have a large garden because we are afraid to take them far these days due to inconsiderate people who let their dogs run free off leads. Here the law states that all dogs must be on leads when in public places but of course making laws and implementing them are different things and someone's large dog running towards you is not good and we know of some people whose little dog was badly mauled in such circumstances. Almost all dogs are lovely when properly handled and trained but they can also be unpredicatable, as the many stories of children being attacked show. The trouble is the poor dog pays the price for the bad owners, it makes me really angry.
marpaul
North Cumbria

28-01-2012, 12:36 AM

Ah that's a shame that you can't take your dogs out too far and what a shame about that little dog being mauled, hope its ok now. Yes I agree that all dogs are lovely when properly handled and trained and its so easy to forget that they can be unpredictable. It was on the news last week about a 6 year old girl getting mauled by a dog whose owner ran off with the dog, but I think he's now been found and charged.

Welcome to the forum by the way
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 12:05 PM

Thank you for the welcome marpaul. I saw the report re the attack on the little girl and it's just something else that strengthens my personal opinion that ALL dogs should be kept on leads and under control when out. The times I personally have had someone's dog hurtling towards me and the owner shouting "don't worry, he's very friendly" cuts no ice with me, and when things go badly wrong, as they often do, it isn't the owner who is put down, it's the poor dog. People who buy dogs as status symbols and then realise they don't have the expertise or time to train the dog properly then either get rid of it or simply abandon it are the ones who should be put down. There are so very many abandoned and mistreated dogs, and other animals. My personal feeling is that much tighter controls on breeding, buying and selling dogs and other pets should be brought in. It breaks my heart to see rescue centres overcrowded with abandoned pets.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top