Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Mrs Brown's Boys - Mammy's Inflation

Very funny but very crude episode. A lot of laughs. Watch it online on BBC iPlayer.

Agnes is disappointed with Cathy when she decides to get a boob job to impress her boyfriend, Professor Clowne. Agnes is also distinctly unimpressed with Buster when she meets the man he has hired to measure up her kitchen. Meanwhile, Professor Clowne has a life-changing proposal for Cathy - if he could only find the perfect moment to ask her his very important question.
Mrs Brown's Boys - Series 3 - 2. Mammy's Inflation
(BBC iPlayer link)
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:09 PM

Re: Mrs Brown's Boys - Mammy's Inflation

Love Mrs Brown's Boys, real laugh out loud comedy.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Mrs Brown is unwatchable in our house because of the repetitive & foul language integral to the script. Feck was passable , but when the "e" became a "u" it was beyond the pale.

EXpletives are common enough in public places but we can stiil keep it out of our homes.

Come back Mary Whitehouse ! All is forgiven !
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 12:00 AM

I absolutely abhor foul language as I really don't think it has any place in polite English and, the first time I watched this, I sort of enjoyed it, until they replaced the e for the u, if you get my meaning.

Thing is, this would be extremely funny if it were not for the use of such profanity, and I think perhaps the writers should take that into consideration, and temper the use of that word out of it in its entirety, then it would be very funny.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 08:40 AM

Must admit I was shocked at first and was constantly wondering if it was feck or not. When it was obvious that u was being used at times I was shocked again, and so were other members of my family. Still f*** is just another word like any other and I use it at times so it is a bit hypocritical for me to condemn this program for it's use as often as not the person saying it is on her own. I also find it's use in this program adds a certain humour. I mean it is more than a little incongruous for the type of women depicted in this series to be acting and speaking as she does - just damn well funny .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 09:05 AM

I hate foul language BUT this is just too funny to worry about it ! This episode is one of the funniest but the funniest for me was the hypnotist one absolutely howled with laughter at that one !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 09:13 AM

Mrs Brown is unwatchable in our house because of the repetitive & foul language integral to the script. Feck was passable , but when the "e" became a "u" it was beyond the pale.

EXpletives are common enough in public places but we can stiil keep it out of our homes.

I have watched a couple of episodes not from my choosing but because the TV was on in the background after the news.

While I find the use of bad language dished out by stand up comedians and people 'being themselves' irritating and silly, in the context of 'Mrs Brown' it doesn't bother me at all because it is part of her persona. She is supposed to be a foul mouthed domineering woman.

When watching plays we don't say 'I can't watch this the man is an abuser and murderer' because we know in the context of the play that is the character of the person, likewise with Mrs Brown and her use of language.

The programme may not be everyones cup of tea and it isn't particularly mine because I am not really a fan of comedy programmes at all . However if you tried to water down the character of Mrs Brown by modifying the language the program would lose its raison d'être .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

25-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The programme may not be everyones cup of tea and it isn't particularly mine because I am not really a fan of comedy programmes at all . However if you tried to water down the character of Mrs Brown by modifying the language the program would lose its raison d'être .
Nicely put .
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:21 AM

POsted by MEG

"She is supposed to be a foul mouthed domineering woman. "

Quite so.
I confess I was overzealous in my criticism, but I still don't like it, and before someone says "Turn it off then" I already have.

MKJ, can you recommend something else pls.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->

I agree Robert, spoils what could be a passable comedy, just like Lee Evans, he would be funny if he didn't swear all the time, no need for it IMO. Only Fools used their own "swear words", just as funny and not offensive.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top