Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Should people with HIV be allowed to come to the UK?

This was a question posed by Andrew Marr to Nigel Farage .
His answer was excellent .
Why should people from anywhere in the world be allowed to come and have expensive treatment for the rest of their lives while he average British person has to wait weeks for a doctors appointment ?

The answer is so obviously NO!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:52 AM

Re: Should people with HIV be allowed to come to the UK?

What populous are we discussing here. Americans, Canadians, Australians doctors who come from other countries to work in the UK. Or are you referring to immigrants. As seems to be the trend.

Perhaps Spain should stop emergency treatment to drunk youths in Spain.

Just interested in your clarification.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
What populous are we discussing here. Americans, Canadians, Australians doctors who come from other countries to work in the UK. Or are you referring to immigrants. As seems to be the trend.

Perhaps Spain should stop emergency treatment to drunk youths in Spain.

Just interested in your clarification.
I couldn't care less if Spain treats drunken youths or not but I thinks it's the 'Rest of their lives' bit that's the important question.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I couldn't care less if Spain treats drunken youths or not but I thinks it's the 'Rest of their lives' bit that's the important question.
I am trying to get an all round opinion here. All we see on tv is political posturing from MP' s and half facts to suit their own view.

Trawling through facts. Immigration will not end as there is a two year cooling period. In that time there will be a rush of immigrants trying to get into the UK. The French have threatened to move the borders of Calais back to British soil. The camps will be relocated to England.

I would like to hear on the forum a view from somebody who will give a good account for us staying in.

I like to hear two sides of an argument. Which is pretty poor on tv at the moment.

We need common sense debate for our youngsters to make up their minds. It will affect them more in long term.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 01:30 PM

HIV treatment for life is expensive, so my answer is a definite NO!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 02:28 PM

only if they pay.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 02:56 PM

So what is the plan? Keep would be immigrants in a holding pen until the blood test comes back?
How many with HIV come here for treatment? The cost of treatment is something like £260000 per person, four for a million pounds, how many for one Queen?
One of the many reasons I have nothing but utter contempt for the appalling Farage.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:03 PM

It's OUR NHS, not the World's!!! Paid for by the British taxpayer.

If you come from outside, you pay. Or don't come here at all, expecting free and expensive treatment. If we end up having to pay extra for our own treatment, I would not be happy!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:06 PM

Should people with HIV be allowed to come to the UK?
Not sure why HIV is being singled out from other health conditions .

Anyone coming to the UK should take out health insurance unless we have a reciprocal agreement with their country of origin for health provision.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 03:13 PM

I think HIV was singled out as an example because apparently 38% of all HIV patients in the UK come from Africa
Many countries ask for an AIDS test prior to allowing people to work or live there .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top