Join for free
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Pesto!

My Basil is glorious!! planning on making a big batch of pesto today. I love it! It's my very favorite pasta topping.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 05:00 PM

Re: Pesto!

What time is dinner - I'll be there !
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 05:11 PM

yes mine too... yum
Have you tried adding sun dried toms to the mix for a different flavour
or changing the very expensive pine nuts for different ones like pea nuts or hazel nuts again it makes for a different flavor all scrummy
I oven roast the nuts first for deapth of flavour
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Almonds lightly toasted also make a lovely Pesto
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:36 PM

I'm pretty new to the pesto scene but it is so damned tasty we never have pasta with anything else now, just stir in the pesto and add a couple of shavings of parmesan.... hey presto perfect...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 08:02 PM

I have splurged on the pine nuts. but I have used almonds and it was very good..

I also make a lemon caper pesto. Lemon juice and capers to taste... That variety is VERY good on fish!!

I freeze mine in plastic ice cube trays.. and when frozen, pop out the cubes and keep them in a freezer bag... easy to grab a small amount when needed..

You can make pesto out of baby spinach in the winter when there is no basil... it's good.. but not as good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top