Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Re: Coffee anyone?

I agree about American tea bags. Once in a restaurant no matter how long the bag stayed in the cup the liquid didn't change colour!
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

05-09-2013, 09:49 PM

Well i like my Nescafe,just plain old 43 beans in every cup type Nescaf,probably not even real coffee but i like it,its 4:40 am here and I am on my second cup,another 2 to go!
If i have plunger coffee its Harris Black though,thats an eyeball locker.

Billy
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 12:16 AM

I'm a coffee addict and usually drink two buckets (1 pint mugs) first thing in the morning and then several more during the course of the day. The caffeine doesn't seem to affect me at all. I can have two cups of strong black coffee before bed and sleep like a baby. My preference is for Costa Rican coffee - it just has so much flavour. I also drink a couple of cups of strong tea each day as well, but coffee is my first love and I just don't feel right if there is too much blood in my coffee stream.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Arthur matey - Tea??? - ergh yuk!!! - have been a coffee drinker for more than 55 years.

Mollie darlin' I don't know you're aware of it, but since you decry coffee because it contains caffeine, so too does tea (albeit not as much).
Indeed tea does contain caffeine but, as you say, not as much and, I only drink four cups a day, so my caffeine intake is minimal and, as you know, I don't do chocolate, which also contains caffeine.

Many years ago when I lived in Berlin my husband's boss was an avid coffee drinker, drinking anything up to 10 cups a day, BUT, he had two spoons of coffee in each cup. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he collapsed at work one day and had to be taken by ambulance to the British Military Hospital where he was diagnosed with a drug overdose, that drug being caffeine. 'Tis truth.

And please stop calling me darlin'!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:27 PM

A recent review of research about coffee consumption by the Harvard School of Public Health posed the following question:

Is there any research that suggests coffee may have some beneficial health effects?

Yes, research over the past few years suggests that coffee consumption may protect against type 2 diabetes,Parkinson’s disease, liver cancer, and liver cirrhosis. And our latest study on coffee and mortality found that people who regularly drank coffee actually had a somewhat lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease than those who rarely drank coffee
The only negative indicators were related to caffeine overdose amongst pregnant women and people with high blood pressure; as well as the high calorific value of some of the "designer" coffees produced by the likes of Costa.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top