Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Pork loin steaks. Recipes, anyone?

Decided to get these out of the freezer for maybe tomorrow. Thought of marinading them. I have a sachet of Chinese BBQ sauce which sounds nice.

I don't have a food mallet so can't tenderise them. Unless I can pick one up later.

Does anyone have any nice recipes I can consider? They are defrosting for now. Thanks.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Re: Pork loin steaks. Recipes, anyone?

Funny, I'm defrosting some as well. I'm having mine in cider in my slow cooker with peppers, onions etc.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:40 AM

Just use a rolling pin Jazz, but cover the steaks in cling film or similar first...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Decided to get these out of the freezer for maybe tomorrow. Thought of marinading them. I have a sachet of Chinese BBQ sauce which sounds nice.

I don't have a food mallet so can't tenderise them. Unless I can pick one up later.

Does anyone have any nice recipes I can consider? They are defrosting for now. Thanks.

Yes Jan darlin' Barry's suggestion is good. Next, coat with wholegrain mustard and honey and place them in a casserole dish and cook in the oven.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 07:03 PM

I did buy a mallet, and did put them in the bbq sauce. They were lovely! I also found a reduced price rice sachet, so as the pork was reduced, apart from the price of the sauce, I ran it to two meals, just finished today's. threw in some peas to the rice and had 2 slices of bread n butter to wipe up the sauce. Mmmmmm...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 09:21 AM

For another time Jan darlin' - place pork slices in a casserole dish, spoon over 2 - 3 dessert spoons of honey and 1 dessert spoon of wholegrain mustard. Make Gravy/stock (Bisto Powder and Chicken Oxo cube and pour over pork. Place in oven (190 o C) for approx 1 hour. In meantime peel and chop suitable vegetables and steam/boil separately. Serve together - truly fabulous!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

27-08-2013, 09:26 AM

Thanks UJ, but not a fan of either mustard or honey.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top