Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:20 PM

g mail

does anyone use gmail...and do you have any problems sending attachments....i always get a message....OOPS YOUR CHAT HAS BEEN INTERRUPTED...half way through sending an attachment....
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Re: g mail

sorry ..i put this on the wrong post......a senior moment???????
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:28 PM

is that a grub mail ? Any one who interrupts me eating ...leaves with a thick ear ....... ;0)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
is that a grub mail ? Any one who interrupts me eating ...leaves with a thick ear ....... ;0)
..... Back to food again Bags
oaklands
New Member!
Isle of Wight
oaklands is female 

07-09-2013, 08:13 PM

I use G Mail and I agree it is not easy to send attachments. If I want to send a photo I copy it to desktop and then slide it across on to e mail. Its the easiest way for me.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 09:43 AM

I also use gmail and if I send a photo through I use Photobucket and then send it through on the attachment.

I don't like the new style on gmail now of writing emails now, I preferred the original.
lavander
s. scotland

08-09-2013, 09:48 AM

i don't like it either....with both gmail and hotmail it used to be a doddle to send photos...not now....why do they have to change things.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 01:24 PM

I have never had any trouble with Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook but I use a mail reader which does all the hard work for me.

I use one called Thunderbird however if you are using Windows there is one called Windows Live Mail (its the successor to Outlook Express - I just prefer Thunderbird).

In Gmail on line you have to go into your 'settings' and turn on Imap but that is easy enough once the mailreader is set up on your computer you never have to log on again and the recent Gmail changes are a thing of the past.

You can do all the things like attachments in your mailreader, it also has add ins with multiple functions.
lavander
s. scotland

08-09-2013, 03:42 PM

thanks Bruce...i know next to nothing about computers...but i managed to find settings and turned on imap....I'll let you know if it worked oh ...and i remembered to save it....
viking vic
west yorkshire
viking vic is male  viking vic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2013, 06:46 PM

as bruce says give thunderbird a try very simple to use and very reliable it great for the e-mails and you can use it with your present e-mail address at the moment i use it with my gmail account

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top