Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Alcohol - liberating?

I seem to have a very guarded outlook on all aspects of life, as in I am constantly on red alert to nearly everything, a little alcohol though reduces it significantly, if not gets rid of it entirely. Which outlook is reality though? Does alcohol get rid of your hangups to such an extent you see things as you should really see them or does it merely show you a hugely distorted view where everything is blurred with whatever. The next day you revert back to as you were though? Wherein lies the truth? Should you use alcohol in such a way, or any mood/thought changing substance come to that?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Re: Alcohol - liberating?

If it helps at all I can tell you that my pharmaceutical requirements must make a difference to my perception of life events. Without them I couldnt function. So where does normal fit in with this.
AS for my one vice ,SOuthern Comfort, No one has told me not to drink it & I have never asked if I can drink it. Seems to work.
But then, what do I know?
It's late & I haven't had my cocoa yet.............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:17 PM

If you're constantly on "red alert", sounds like you let your thoughts control you, instead of the other way round. Alcohol is merely a temporary prop, any problems are still there aren't they. It may "get rid of hangups", but once the hangover's gone you are back to reality, so can't see how it helps. Getting our thoughts in order, or under control better, makes more sense to me. This solution will last longer, cost less, and won't rot your liver!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:26 PM

Mups, your advice is much more solid than mine.

I once read a book, actually 2 books in one, still in print and very interesting.
"The doors of perception " & "Heaven & Hell"

author ALDOUS HUXLEY.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 11:39 PM

Sounds very deep stuff Robert? Did they help?
kfchugo
New Member!
Newcastle NSW
kfchugo is male 

10-09-2013, 12:51 AM

Alcohol wont solve any of life's problems, indeed it may even cause a few. It is however one of life's great "social lubricants". It is also natures wonder cosmetic.....it makes everyone beautiful. Just enjoy it for what it is and what it does, then take three aspirin and get off to work in the morning.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Mups, your advice is much more solid than mine.

I once read a book, actually 2 books in one, still in print and very interesting.
"The doors of perception " & "Heaven & Hell"

author ALDOUS HUXLEY.
I read The Doors of Perception after i read Crome Yellow, and Eyeless in Gaza,a good author,as for the grog,well it depends what your tipple is,all spirits have different functions in relation to how you feel,or I should say how you want to feel!

Billy
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

10-09-2013, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by kfchugo ->
Alcohol wont solve any of life's problems, indeed it may even cause a few. It is however one of life's great "social lubricants". It is also natures wonder cosmetic.....it makes everyone beautiful. Just enjoy it for what it is and what it does, then take three aspirin and get off to work in the morning.
Would that be the "Black" aspirin kfchugo?
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:11 AM

Well, all I can say is that when the GP told me my kidney function was a bit lower than it should be, and I should cut down coffee and fizzy drinks but a few wines a week wouldn't hurt me, I was extremely pleased!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2013, 03:46 AM

I like a beer occasionally; my kids bought me a Tap King for Fathers' Day which now sits in my fridge and gives me a glass of draught beer when ever I want it.

When I was in my early 20s I only liked straight vodka and drank far too much of it but for at least the last 30 years beer in moderation has been my tipple.

I occasionally drink seven or more schooners of beer but usually 2 to 4 is my limit, I'm a cheap drunk these days.

I don't miss those awful days in my youth when the bed spun so much I had to hang on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top