Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 08:18 AM

Re: Cronuts, Townies and Duffins

Most cake shops use tongs and have hand washing facilities here too. Our local they all wear blue rubber gloves to serve and only one lady takes money and she doesn't touch the cakes.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 08:22 AM

Re: Cronuts, Townies and Duffins

Originally Posted by GDAD ->
Love cakes, But I did notice in the Video that not one of the People behind the counter used a pair of tongs or gloves to handle the cakes.
Here in Australia they would pick up the cakes with a piece of paper.
they are not allowed to handle the cakes directly.
Yes, I noticed that too but then thought that when they are making the cakes, they wouldn't wear gloves then so I ended up in a quandry on that one.

Once, when I bought an ice cream, the young man working behind the counter had greasy hair and I saw him scratching his head - he then had the nerve to not put on the plastic gloves lying on the counter but picked up our cones with his bare hands! I wouldn't accept the cones and asked for someone else wearing gloves to make them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top