Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 06:03 AM

Another Step Towards Understanding Gravity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25598051 This should prove interesting.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 11:40 AM

Re: Another Step Towards Understanding Gravity

I don't pretend to understand all about pulsars etc., but found the article interesting Alan, I'll re-read it later, maybe some of it will sink in
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 12:11 PM

I'm not particularly learned at all in this area but it was very interesting to read and I shall look forward to their findings (if they're concluded in my lifetime that is!).

Many thanks for posting it Alan.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 07:01 PM

Vey interesting Alan if a bit beyond my understanding
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 09:58 PM

Liked the way the article starts off by saying that it's a step towards understanding gravity and ends by more accurately describing it as finding faults with Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by welshlion ->
Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
Oh gawd, just the title gives me a headache
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2014, 01:18 PM

It's all above me too, but I may as well dream like the rest of them, truth is they haven't a clue either. I watched an interesting video on utube about ancient civilisations recently, fascinating stuff, there are stone tablets in the British Museum depicting scenes of the Solar system with the seven planets orbiting the Sun, these tablets are 6.000 years old and were found in 1890 in Iran, how did they know this at that time?. I think we were visited by aliens many thousands of years ago, they explained a lot to us about how things work but it was all lost somehow so we had to start off from scratch all over again. I can see all the technical knowledge we have now disappearing in one big bang or natural disaster and then it's the first fella out of the cave with a bit of flint who'll be king, then off we go again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top