Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Re: Curiouser & Couriouser.

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
It gives me a headache just to think about this.
Oooo - I know what you mean
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I wish I could go back 6 months as I wouldn't have eaten so much ice-cream or drunk so much vodka. Got a fat belly now .
methinks it needs to be quite a bit longer than six months..

hehehe
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 12:27 AM

Interesting topic AC, there is a heck of a lot we don't know, maybe it's just as well.
I wonder how many people would choose to travel back in time in their lives given the choice, to relive what they had already lived.
There is quite a lot I'm glad to leave in the past, it makes you realise how much you learn as you go along.
It would be nice to spend time with loved ones no longer with us though.
I sometimes wonder if time is our perception but really everything is just there all the time, then you are getting into the realms of what reality is but who is to say that our version of reality is correct.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 12:49 AM

I'd like to be able to go back and make changes, hindsight is a wonderful thing
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I'd like to be able to go back and make changes, hindsight is a wonderful thing
But then you'd have to go back again to fix what you stuffed up when you went back the first time.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2014, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by greg ->
methinks it needs to be quite a bit longer than six months..

hehehe
how about the birth canal??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
some say that time is an illusion. We invented it and now it rules our lives. Universes or space may just be timeless. Imagine what a different life we would experience without time, minutes, hours, years - I doubt if nature has time 'IT' just decays and returns for ever and ever and ever and ever - can we limit 'for ever'?
You took the thoughts right out of my head Gumbud. I think that time does not exist and never has, man created it, probably by staring out of the cave at the Moon then starting off with "Many Moons ago I came to this tiny cave and many Moons from now I will get myself a bigger cave all to myself with ten wenches" Greed and power already setting in you'll notice, though there are some logical men who would call that 'Ambition'. In mans obsession with his own logic he has to have a start and a finish to everything otherwise he can’t make head nor tail of anything in his world and that’s all that really concerns him…his world, so my theory is that time only exists on this planet and in the minds of men.
If some egghead came up with a theory that there was never a beginning to the universe and there will never be an end he would be called an idiot because we cannot grasp eternity no more than we can the thought of perpetual motion, why does everyone believe that there are no such things beyond our logic? if it doesn't make sense to mighty man then it doesn't exist. Could it possibly be because the extra brain power needed to understand this was not given to mankind in the first place, and for good reasons, would you give a rampaging lunatic a bigger axe? he is definitely not ready for it and he can’t be trusted, just look at the damage he has already done with the little knowledge he has, he has created the power to destroy the whole planet, now who in their right mind would let him loose on the rest of the Universe?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
But then you'd have to go back again to fix what you stuffed up when you went back the first time.
I'd be going back that many times I'd be dizzy!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I'd be going back that many times I'd be dizzy!
Might as well just stay back there in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top