Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Re: Half man/ half machine.

The Nissan Car Manufacturers in Sunderland already have robots and humans working together side by side, they turn out 113 cars a day..
I only know this from someone i know who worked in the industry.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 08:20 PM

I see half human / half robots every day. They are controlled by a small plastic box that they must carry with them all the time. They assure me that they would die without this box, so I assume that it must contain a 'life support system'. I am not sure if these hydrid creatures are dangerous, but most appear to be unaware of the world unless instructed by the box.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
How will our planet sustain us all?
No need for question mark Cass, anyone with a brain should be able to work out that with the current population growth rate life on Earth in 200 years will be bleak.

It's already glaringly obvious that most (if not all) of our current problems are caused by too many people trying to access too few resources.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well I'll be sitting on me cloud by the time it happens ...........

Not necessarily Patsy. By then even the clouds might be operated by remote control, so we might bring you back again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Cass;657625]If you think about it many people are already on the way..

Apart from the boob bum and cheek inplants..There are dentures , replacement knees, hip, finger and other joints.. Heart pacemakers, intraocular lenses and cerebellar stimulators.

not so scary really that things will progress.. but when we consider the earths population it is actually a nightmare because we will move even further from natural life and natural life span than we already have. How will our planet sustain us all?[/QUOTE]

Probably won't have to Cass, we'll have blown it all up before then.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 06:23 AM

@ Losos and Mups this is exactly my point we are supposed to be living longer and finding a cure for everything but our planet cant cope so whats the point?

Now Ive seen the news reports about plans to colonise mars... Has anybody watched Jeremy Kyle? Lets clean up our own mess here before spreading it across the universe..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 10:04 AM

Our planet can cope with a lot more people yet. If we stopped eating meat for one thing and used the plant products (grain grown to feed animals) to feed ourselves we would have no problem at all feeding everyone on this planet and a load more besides.

Once developing countries are developed the population growth lowers naturally. Ignorance and a lack of birth control (along with whacky religious views or control) are to blame a great deal for overpopulation. Once the complete world is developed (well it might get there eventually) the growth rate should be far more stable.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 01:53 PM

I'm just glad I lived in a World where the people were 100% real, when you made a phone call a real 100% human being answered you, real family doctors looked after the whole family and knew them all by first names, you went out at the weekends and met real members of the opposite sex face to face and danced with them, when a neighbor needed help it was given freely, I could talk all day about real people I just love them, there is no substitute in my mind.
Come the half human half machine and it will eventually be followed by the 100% machine then we are all well and truly doomed, thank God I won't be around for it, but it's good to be able to say you were around when people were people and machines were machines and we all knew who was boss.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 02:10 PM

How right you are Jem

@Mups - Oh no !!

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I see half human / half robots every day. They are controlled by a small plastic box that they must carry with them all the time. They assure me that they would die without this box, so I assume that it must contain a 'life support system'. I am not sure if these hydrid creatures are dangerous, but most appear to be unaware of the world unless instructed by the box.

I do love a bit of wit.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top