Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Re: What's your favourite food?

I like most things, depends a bit on my mood. I enjoy Italian food but a nice roast never goes wrong, and Banoffee any time of day
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
It's a delicacy, like blood & tongue loaf. It's an aquired taste if you grow up in a German household. It's getting harder & harder to find. I only know of one store, Four Seasons, that carries it in Portland, OR and it's $4.50 for about 6 slices.
No offense meant, Bob; I'm picky about some food groups like brains and innards ......
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
No offense meant, Bob; I'm picky about some food groups like brains and innards ......
Then you might not care for chittlins, tripe, or pig snouts. LOL
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 08:27 PM

You have that right!! YUK!!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 09:28 PM

I adore Indian food, but haven't had any for ages.

I'm really into fruit at the moment, and actually get quite panicky if I'm too far away from it for more than a couple of hours - this healthy eating lark has totally taken over my life and I'm exceedingly happy for it to do so!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

08-08-2009, 10:01 PM

I love fruit; always have some at lunch along with cheese. All the good stuff is in the market now: sweet cherries, local peaches, and pears won't be too long.
The Winter is mostly apples and grapes.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:49 AM

I also love fruit Have to have a banana and an apple a day! x
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:25 PM

love a curry...not too hot...and a glass or two of red wine....how easily pleased i am...
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 02:57 PM

My mother always wondered what the fuss was about pizza, 'glorified cheese on toast' is what she called it, and funnily enough the older I get the more inclined I am to agree. And it is such a con just look at the toppings, work out their cost, then compare that to the actual price of the pizza itself. I occasionally used to make my own, but we eventually realised we were merely stuffing ourselves with way too much carbohydrate in proportion to the protein and stopped doing so.

As for favourite food, well you cannot beat a good old fashioned roast with all the appropriate trimmings, or, wait, how about a really good curry? no? maybe a delicious chinese with a huge spring roll stuffed full of bean sprouts, morsels of assorted meats and the odd prawn? No, sorry, impossible to say as it all depends on what mood I am in, what I feel like cooking, or even whether I feel like cooking.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
My mother always wondered what the fuss was about pizza, 'glorified cheese on toast' is what she called it, and funnily enough the older I get the more inclined I am to agree. And it is such a con just look at the toppings, work out their cost, then compare that to the actual price of the pizza itself. I occasionally used to make my own, but we eventually realised we were merely stuffing ourselves with way too much carbohydrate in proportion to the protein and stopped doing so.

As for favourite food, well you cannot beat a good old fashioned roast with all the appropriate trimmings, or, wait, how about a really good curry? no? maybe a delicious chinese with a huge spring roll stuffed full of bean sprouts, morsels of assorted meats and the odd prawn? No, sorry, impossible to say as it all depends on what mood I am in, what I feel like cooking, or even whether I feel like cooking.

What happened to good ol' stew and dumplings??? or how about a bacon pud. Liver, bacon and onion casserole, or steak & Kidney pudding??? all good old fashioned rib stickers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top