Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Re: United Europe

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What i don't understand is those in favour of staying in the EU don't go and live in a remaining EU country. That way they will be happy , those wanting us to leave the EU will be happy, and also solve our housing crises
Because this is our country as much as yours. We don't want to live in another EU country, we want the UK to be an EU country. And a progressive, liberal country. There is no reason why we should be driven out or let you destroy our country's liberal values without a fight.

What I don't understand is why those wanting to leave the EU don't go and live in the US or another non-EU country instead of dragging the UK and the rest of us out to satisfy your whims.

That way, you'd be happy, the UK could stay in the EU and prosper, and we'd certainly be glad to see the back of you. And the housing crisis solved.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Because this is our country as much as yours. We don't want to live in another EU country, we want the UK to be an EU country. And a progressive, liberal country. There is no reason why we should be driven out or let you destroy our country's liberal values without a fight.

What I don't understand is why those wanting to leave the EU don't go and live in the US or another non-EU country instead of dragging the UK and the rest of us out to satisfy your whims.

That way, you'd be happy, the UK could stay in the EU and prosper, and we'd certainly be glad to see the back of you. And the housing crisis solved.

Simple you lost the democratic vote, roll on no deal.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Gloating won't put food on your table.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Gloating won't put food on your table.
Im not gloating bonny lad just stating a fact that remainers wont acccept, i have more faith in the people of this country to do a decent job.

Gloating is all you do with nothing to back it up.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:42 PM

Hi

Nom, why do you want a No Deal?

I am all for leaving but cannot see the advantage of a No Deal.

Why not a simple Trade Deal like we are seeking with others?
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 06:09 PM

But not by many. Now it's clear that the Brexiters promises of "have our cake and eat it" were just fantasy and bullshit, the country should get to have another democratic vote and not be tied into a bad decision by the Brexthickers.

Old Brexiters are dying off, new young people are now entitled to vote, why should we all be thrown off the cliff to satisfy your ego?

If you believe in democracy so much you should believe in allowing a vote on the Brexit deal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Im not gloating bonny lad just stating a fact that remainers wont acccept, i have more faith in the people of this country to do a decent job.

Gloating is all you do with nothing to back it up.
I'm not worried about the people (although I can't see them getting organised in time), but about politicians who have put us in a position where they have done nothing about non EU immigration, nothing to make sure people who come into this country pay their way (as is the case in other EU countries) and nothing to increase our power in the EU. In fact of all the issues people moan about being the fault of the EU are the fault of our inability to manage.

That isn't going to change after we leave the EU, but we will end up with a complete and utter shambles if there is no deal.

But I am sure that there are plenty of financial institutions planning to hedge against that and make a killing. So yes the idea of a no deal is being pushed by a certain quarter who have a financial interest in that happening. Perhaps some of them on this forum.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I gave trying to educate pork years ago.
As I said, incisive repartee...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:00 PM

We fought 2 world wars to remain free. Thousands of lives were lost because of it. Seems to me those who want to remain have forgotten the sacrifice they gave .
France has forgotten how we helped save them from a dictator and turned their back on a country that saved them

Germany could not win in a straight fight so now trying to sneak in the back door to rule us

The Italians are nearly broke but they never have been able to decide which side to be on.

We fought and won our freedom and now just giving it away.

What is up with those who want to stay in the EU.
The sensible ones voted to get out and get our freedom back, those who want to remain want to be under a dictatorship.

Well I don't want any foreign government telling me how I should run my life in my own hard fought for free country

This has nothing to do with trade it is to do with capturing a country and getting them to submit to the will of others.

The sooner we leave the better for all of us
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We fought 2 world wars to remain free. Thousands of lives were lost because of it. Seems to me those who want to remain have forgotten the sacrifice they gave .
France has forgotten how we helped save them from a dictator and turned their back on a country that saved them

Germany could not win in a straight fight so now trying to sneak in the back door to rule us

The Italians are nearly broke but they never have been able to decide which side to be on.

We fought and won our freedom and now just giving it away.

What is up with those who want to stay in the EU.
The sensible ones voted to get out and get our freedom back, those who want to remain want to be under a dictatorship.

Well I don't want any foreign government telling me how I should run my life in my own hard fought for free country

This has nothing to do with trade it is to do with capturing a country and getting them to submit to the will of others.

The sooner we leave the better for all of us
Complete rubbish, get back to the nineteenth century.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top