Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Re: Big Girls can wear Glam Undies

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I think she looks very nice and sexy actually.
So do I Susie !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 06:59 PM

I believe most men would say that far from the lady being obese she is a nice armful which is complimentary.

Lets have some views from the men on this .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 07:54 PM

I wouldn’t say she was obese at all just pleasantly plump!
Look at her beautiful smooth skin and her thin arms.

I am sure some men would prefer something to get hold of, rather than a dry bag of bones!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 07:57 PM

I'm having a titter here, all the replies are from the ladies, not one male, as yet, has commented
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I don't think people who are very overweight like her, should be glamorising obesity.
I have no idea how much she weighs but she is very toned.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYTZxVHLTz4

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:11 PM

she's stunning and I think she looks lovely in that underwear, she doesn't have rolls of fat just to me looks as someone else said (think it was longy) very toned.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm having a titter here, all the replies are from the ladies, not one male, as yet, has commented
Beauty or "sexiness" is an attribute of the mind not one of the body.

ANyone can look beautiful in their own way.

This said, we should remain objective and realistic about what we are seeing in that picture. The lady, I strongly suspect, is a professional model, I'm sure I've seen her on TV ads but can't remember which.

What that is then is simply a money making marketing idea designed to make the ever increasing number of obese women feel less bad about themselves, to sow the seed that that they can still be sexy depsite being obese and thereby hope that they will run out to spend money on the firm's products.

That's the sad part. The lingerie firms have no interest whatsoever in their customer base's health or state of being. They just want to sell products and make lots of money. Obese women were simply an untapped market that has now been fully exploited and saturated like all other markets.

I remember that not too many years ago the industry redefined clothes sizes for the same reasons. A Size 16 dress was overnight relabelled as Size 14 and suddenly women everywhere started feeling better about themselves. They were now wearing size 14s rather than 16s and that somehow had psychological benefit. It was a total sleight of hand of course but very clever marketing nonetheless.

Do I think the woman in the picture looks beautiful? Sure. She is very pretty, but, her state of body speaks to me of self indulgence, of too much focus on self rather than others and of a lack of education about foods and nutrition. Promoting that kind body state is not something I think is useful to others.

Those are all assumptions and judgements I realise, but we each have our personal ways of interpreting people and beauty.

There's an argument of course about helping overweight women feel good about themselves, to banish thoughts of inadequacy and failure that lead to depression. This kind of stuff aids that cause.

But there's also the argument for properly educating people about how weight is gained in the first place and how to properly shed it and do so permanently and why it is so important to do so.

Most of what we see on TV is sensationalist clap trap from companies wanting to promote their products and services. Lot's of diet marketing, so called "healthy" food products, slimming clubs and so on. Pretty much all of it is a scam.

How would a girl like the one in that picture change her mindset about the way she eats, her general lifestyle and her health outlook? Making her a media sex symbol for the way she is now, is unlikely to motivate her to change and that's somewhat depressing.

Obesity is not a good thing imho, however nicely it is dressed up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:51 PM

The fashion industry can't do right for doing wrong! I can remember the outrage about Twiggy when she first appeared. Nick-named 'the girl with two backs' she - and those like her - were blamed for the increase in outbreaks of anorexia/bulimia and other such eating disorders.

Now they try to address the balance by making pretty undies for larger sizes and that is deemed to be wrong as well.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top