Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Recently moved house

Everyday there is my post plus junk mail, I would love to have the courage to put a sign on my front door, no junk mail, but I guess that would be rude. Then nearly every other evening I have the cold callers, do I want to change my electricty company, or do I want to help a certain chairty. Where does it end
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Re: Recently moved house

It would very quickly if you told them where to 'stick' their products. As for 'junk' mail - put it back in the post - marked unknown or return to sender.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It would very quickly if you told them where to 'stick' their products. As for 'junk' mail - put it back in the post - marked unknown or return to sender.
Well trying to be nice, just moved here in, don't want to start off on the wrong foot so to speak.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Jean, my old boss used to cut his junk mail into little pieces and post it back to them, no stamp. It didn't stop it coming but made him feel better.
Jean
Northern ireland

14-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Jean, my old boss used to cut his junk mail into little pieces and post it back to them, no stamp. It didn't stop it coming but made him feel better.
goodness me they were brave lol
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Hi Jean, Recycle and return to sender (Think Elvis was trying to tell us something) lol.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 04:32 AM

It's common here to put a "No flyers or junk mail" notice on the mailbox. If you look at it from the advertisers point of view that means more flyers to go to homes that might actually respond rather than leaving them where they'll only be tossed out or recycled.

We see lots of "No soliciting" notices too. My favourite sign has to be the one reading "Ring doorbell and run - our dog loves the exercise!"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 10:56 PM

LOL, Annie J, love that!
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 09:50 PM

I put a ..No Junk Mail ..sign on the letter box..the only thing it stopped was the thursday/friday pizza junk.
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:13 PM

I was registered with the post office for no junk mail and that worked perfectly. Then suddenly, a few months ago I started to receive it again so I duly wrote 'unsolicited post' on the front and 'return to sender' and reposted. This did in fact stop a lot of it but I rang up the complaints dept of the post office and asked why I was getting it again. I was told that I had to renew the request each year, in case I sold the house and the new owners might WANT the junk mail. So, I duly reregistered and the junk mail has stopped. The local fast food outlets still hand deliver, despite a notice on my door saying no unwanted or junk mail (you can get this sticker from the local town hall) - so, I put them in a used envelope, address it to them, and post it with no stamp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top