Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:48 AM

Re: Seniors living alone

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Im not old being only mid 50s and I would at this moment in life prefer to live alone, only being married and a carer, thats so not going to happen

Going forwards, if I do live to an old age and outlive Mr Missy, I think I would prefer sheltered housing then live totally alone. Id want some sort of human contact daily, but be able to shut the door

When I was a child, a lot of grandparents were in sheltered accommodation , little self contained studio flats within a building but a central lounge area and a carer on duty 24/7 who could come. and help if you fell, got stuck in the bath etc
They still do but the wardens knock off at 5.30 in most cases so if you are unwell you will still have to call for help.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 05:13 AM

No I haven't even thought about being alone. While it's nice to have some time to myself occasionally I wouldn't like to be alone all the time. I'd have to get out and do something if at all possible.
Hopefully it's a long way off.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:31 AM

I live on my own and wouldn't change it even if the opportunity arose.

I like my life just the way it is and I'm too selfish to make room for anybody else.

I barely tolerate the dog
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Poor dog

Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Poor dog

Currently getting "The Look" which means....come on you old bag, lets go out, it's only -3"

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2019, 07:59 AM

He is lovely
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:12 AM

Hi

I do not like living on my own.

Part of this is down to one part of my previous job, cleaning up after someone who has died weeks or months ago and had not been noticed.

I also miss the cuddles, the jokes, the smiles.

I am not very demanding at all, they can have their own life.

To me there is nothing as good as kissing the one you love goodnight and waking up and kissing them good morning.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2019, 08:44 AM

Aw Swims this is very true
I sometimes wonder how many people alone are actually touched ?
I mean physically touched with love and affection .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 10:20 AM

I’ve never been on my own . I don’t think I would be very good at it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 10:59 AM

It took years for me to feel comfortable alone , I was so terribly lonely but over time it became normal and ok . I wouldn't want to live with someone again as I love my independence but yes I would love a companion to share life with , weekends with and fun with . I miss the hugs and holding hands and feeling that I'm loved

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top