Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Re: The Meaning of life....

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is the kind of conversations me and my girlfriends like to chat about over a nice bottle of wine sharing our wisdom and thoughts. Our chats go on for hours and of course we never have the answers but enjoy sharing and listening .

As ive become older i look at life through wiser eyes and listen more with hearing ears . Im not inclined to talk as much as im bored with my own voice so i like hearing peoples life stories much more than my own , unless im asked of course .

Ive learned that everyone has an incredible story to listen to.
Ive learned that im the only one i can depend on
Ive learned many people will come into and leave my life
Ive learned not to be lonely and to feel comfortable in being myself

For me its been a journey of learning in lifes university , that i was never anymore special then anyone else , i know this human life is a very small part of my existance and there will be more

I love the way as an older person i can see life around me repeating itself , i look into the eyes of my beautiful grandaughtets and see my past

Theres more , so much more , but its nice to share it with my girlies and a bottle of wine

I suppose it gives you a different perspective if you do believe there is more than the life on this Earth
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think that is exactly it and it's a case of what makes you happy personally, whatever it is. The older I get the more I realise that there is no meaning to life, not really. We just have to fill it with whatever we enjoy.
I think you might be right on that one.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I think you might be right on that one.......
More donuts anyone?
DWebb
North East, UK

31-01-2019, 02:55 PM

More donuts anyone?
I need to get back to threads about donuts and chips
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:12 PM

I think that is exactly it and it's a case of what makes you happy personally, whatever it is. The older I get the more I realise that there is no meaning to life, not really. We just have to fill it with whatever we enjoy.
Yes, we do have to do that & make it the best we can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes, we do have to do that & make it the best we can.
I honestly believe that once we are gone, we have no memory of it, so it doesn't matter what we do or don't achieve so long as we are content. The most anyone can do is to leave a mark on society so that you are remembered by others.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:18 PM

The only meaning of life that i think counts is that it's not about us. We mistakenly put ourselves at the centre of everything and then wonder why we aren't as happy as we thought we would be.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:22 PM

I honestly believe that once we are gone, we have no memory of it, so it doesn't matter what we do or don't achieve so long as we are content. The most anyone can do is to leave a mark on society so that you are remembered by others.
Most people are only remembered by family & friends, as the person who's died has gone, I don't believe there is anything else, you die & that's it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
most people are only remembered by family & friends, as the person who's died has gone, i don't believe there is anything else, you die & that's it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:32 PM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top