Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Re: The Meaning of life....

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The meaning of life is to be kicked in the face every day until you die.
Oh I so agree with that one.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh I so agree with that one.
Good to see you posting again!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
When I look at old photos of family and people long gone I know that as time passes one day I will be a face in a fading photo that no one ever knew , they will look and say i wonder who she is.
Quite sad really isn't it.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Quite sad really isn't it.
I have not decided if it all sad yet, still digesting the replies
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm smack dab in the middle of living right now - the best and some of the worst of it. There is no question that the extremes of life help us become more inclined to - excuse the cliché - live in the present and appreciate every bit of it.

While I am like you Colin, in loving to travel and enjoy our wide open spaces, the one thing I have heard over and over from my aging relatives is that when they look back over their lives, the days they found most satisfying were the everyday ones. Sitting in a hospital now for a month, I couldn't agree more!

I think back to when I was little, when my kids were little, and even more recent everyday days, and I think that what my elders most wish for is probably spot on. Sitting around the dinner table, having a satisfying day at work, having everyone settled down and tucked for the night (man and beast), or just walking on the beach with the dogs and kids playing along the shoreline were the best days of all.

What's the meaning of life?

Living!
I am sorry to hear you have been spending so much time in hospital it is definitely when travelling and in places which have big wide open spaces that I feel most at peace, be it the Outback, big deserted beaches or some of the amazing vast places in the US, but you have a point about it being about the simple pleasures as well such as a nice cup of coffee or just changing into comfortable clothes when you get in from work and relaxing, maybe it the little things such as them that matter as well, at the end of the day it might be about trying to extract as much enjoyment out your time on the Earth as you can.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top