Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Re: What a lovely surprise

How lovely , how kind . Lifts my heart to read this
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 08:13 PM

How lovely Mups, it just goes to show there are still some thoughtful people left in the world.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 08:41 PM

How wonderful, Mups!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 08:49 PM

And another thing just happened to, only a little thing, but still a kind gesture from a complete stranger.

I was just popping into the supermarket on my way home this afternoon, when a man stopped me in the car park and handed me a bit of paper. I didn't know him from Adam.

He mumbled something, but I didn't catch what he said, so asked him again.

He then repeated - " Here, you can have this. They just gave me a 10% off voucher with me till receipt to spend before Sunday, but you have it."

OK, so it was just a 10% off voucher off my shopping, but I was still touched because it was a kind thought. He could have just screwed it up and dropped in the bin if he didn't want it, but he chose to give it to someone else to use instead.

That's two kind people I have encountered today.
That means two people who have made a simple gesture to please a stranger.

Perhaps it's me age or summat, but I found that quite touching.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:08 PM

How lovely Mupsy, they things come in threes, so we might win LTP tonight.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Mups, that was a very touching story, both of them. It restores your faith in human kindness, something that seldom happens, and then when it does it's like a breath of fresh air. enjoy your gifts Mups I am sure you deserve them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Mups, that was a very touching story, both of them. It restores your faith in human kindness, something that seldom happens, and then when it does it's like a breath of fresh air. enjoy your gifts Mups I am sure you deserve them.
It takes us by surprise sometimes doesn't it.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:25 PM

Wow Mups...what a lucky girl you are! What a lovely lady to send you flowers! Such a rarity these days to find someone so thoughtful (in a business environment).

Now listen kiddo, there's a third one to come. Tomorrow head up, shoulders back, boobs out... smile and flutter your eyelashes at every male you see .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone, glad you all think these things matter too.
I thought it was just me being an emotional old wotsit.

Nice things don't happen every day do they, so you appreciate them when they do.

Pesta you minx, you're a bad influence on me. x
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks everyone, glad you all think these things matter too.
I thought it was just me being an emotional old wotsit.

Nice things don't happen every day do they, so you appreciate them when they do.

Pesta you minx, you're a bad influence on me. x
It's good to be an emotional old wotsit!!
That Pesta, she's a Bad Influence too!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top