Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 07:27 PM

comedians

what sort of comedy makes you laugh? what comedians tickle your funny bone?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 09:25 PM

Re: comedians

Anarchic comedians make me laugh Meg - Billy Connolly for example, although I think he has got a bit more dignified and respectable lately.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 10:07 PM

Billy Connolly i think is a great.. wonderful belly laughs with him.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 11:44 PM

The peter Kay type of humour tickles me, but the so called modernistic alternative comedians, dont do anything at all for me, Michael McIntyres voice turns me off, and that Harry Hill for me, is stealing a living, I may be biased being of the older generation, but the likes of Ken Dodd and the old comedians show, can keep me laughing all night, and not a swear word in sight, If I start to watch a comedy show and the f word appears, then I disappear, I dont think it is needed, I am no prude, and can swear with the best of them, but there is a place for everything and a comedy show isnt one of them, thats my rant over for this week
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2011, 11:50 PM

Eddie Izzard! Also Billy Connolly... and I love Father Ted!
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 12:10 AM

All of those make me laugh but I think the best comedy quiz show is Mock the Week ... I know they are non PC & a bit off the scale but I love the show.

The best comedian these days is Stuart Francis ... he does one liners that are just the best.

A few example ... Glass coffins. Will they ever catch on? Remains to be seen.

My uncle was a lollipop man who got done for stealing his lollipops ... the signs were there to be seen.

I went to a karaoke bar yesterday that didn't play any 70s music ... at first I was afraid ... I was petrified

Standing in the park I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets to you ... then it hit me!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 09:18 AM

I love political satire - so Bremner, Bird and Fortune in recent years, previously the 'Frost Programme, and prior to that: 'That was the week that was'.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by jennywren ->

The best comedian these days is Stuart Francis ... he does one liners that are just the best.

A few example ... Glass coffins. Will they ever catch on? Remains to be seen.

My uncle was a lollipop man who got done for stealing his lollipops ... the signs were there to be seen.

I went to a karaoke bar yesterday that didn't play any 70s music ... at first I was afraid ... I was petrified

Standing in the park I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets to you ... then it hit me!
That's my kind of humour too

Used to love Jethro (from Cornwall)......don't hear much of him these days.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Carmen darlin' what about: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkcznTmysA

and of course: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM6ek7U4a4c
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2011, 09:49 AM

Many of the contemporary comedians do not appeal to me because of their language. I find it childish,distracting and unnecessary when practically every other word a person utters is an expletive often the 'f 'word which I guess disguises a lack of content.

For comedy my taste is Morecambe and Wise/ Hancock /Arthur Haynes but I also enjoy satire of the Bird and Fortune variety, they can find enough material to make a show without resorting to endless expletives.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top